View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 3D Calcudoku 

Posted on: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:50 am

Post 3D Calcudoku
This is my latest puzzle, it is a 3D 18x18 puzzle. Instead of having numbers arranged in rows and columns, they have been arranged in a stack of cubes. The pictures with the colored lines shows the paths the numbers follow in 3 different directions. The cells along these paths are like the rows and columns in a standard puzzle, each cell along a path must contain a different number from 1 to 18 with no number being used in more than one cell along each path.

Creating this puzzle was quite difficult and I am not completely happy with it, so I will probably not do another puzzle like this. I would be interested to know what you think of it.

Posted on: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:35 am

Post Re: 3D Calcudoku
WOW! Impressive! A little too daunting for me to actually try, though, unless Patrick puts it up so that the extra tools available online can be accessed for the attempt.

Two questions: Should I assume that a single cell with a + operation is the same as a single cell with no operation? What is the backslash operation that occurs at least once (in a double cell after a 13)? (Division?)

Posted on: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:22 am

Thank you for your comments, to answer your questions: a single cell with a + operator is the same as single cell with no operator, I should really fix that for any future puzzles I do, and I use '/' for division.

Posted on: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:57 am

Insane puzzle [scared] [thumbup]

You should really post this on some other sites too
(like imgur, maybe reddit, etc.)

Posted on: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:08 pm

I don't think I will post my puzzle anywhere else, but if somebody wants to share it on another site that is ok with me.

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]