Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

Submit your own puzzles here :-)
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=539
Page 1 of 2

Author:  pnm  [ Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Submit your own puzzles here :-)

Submit the puzzles you'd like to appear on the site in this thread.

Update: you can now submit your puzzles on this page



The format in which to specify your puzzle is:

- the first line has the dimension (a number between 4 and 9)
- subsequent lines specify cages, as follows:
<target result>,<operation>,<cells>

- <target result> speaks for itself
- <operation> can be one of: + - * / % | ^
- <cells> are specified in the coordinates that are used on the site, for example: a1a2

For example, today's 4x4 medium would look like this:

4
3,+,a1b1
9,+,c1b2c2
6,+,d1d2d3
36,*,a2a3b3
12,*,c3b4c4
1,+,a4
4,+,d4

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Patrick

Author:  clm  [ Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

pnm wrote:
Submit the puzzles you'd like to appear on the site in this thread.

The format in which to specify your puzzle is:
...
Let me know if anything is unclear.

Patrick


The % is for mod operation ... but How do you express the no-op? Just a space?

Author:  pnm  [ Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

clm wrote:
The % is for mod operation ... but How do you express the no-op? Just a space?

Sorry, no-op is not supported yet for the user-created puzzle.

Also not supported: twins, puzzles from zero, puzzles larger than 9x9, negative numbers (these types
will follow in due course).

Edit: just in case no user created puzzle is submitted between now and midnight: I've put your "8x8 subtractions only"
puzzle as the user puzzle for tomorrow (which will be at http://www.calcudoku.org/user/2014-02-10)

Patrick

Author:  clm  [ Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
The % is for mod operation ... but How do you express the no-op? Just a space?

...
Edit: just in case no user created puzzle is submitted between now and midnight: I've put your "8x8 subtractions only"
puzzle as the user puzzle for tomorrow (which will be at http://www.calcudoku.org/user/2014-02-10)

Patrick


Yeah, a little difficult, I hope I can solve it :-) :-)

Author:  bram  [ Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

pnm wrote:
I've put your "8x8 subtractions only" puzzle as the user puzzle for tomorrow (which will be at http://www.calcudoku.org/user/2014-02-10)
1st! (to solve clm's difficult puzzle) [cool]
But status only says "(solved 1 time(s) so far)" without adding the coveted "(last by [Danish flag] bram)" [crying]

Author:  pnm  [ Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

bram wrote:
But status only says "(solved 1 time(s) so far)" without adding the coveted "(last by [Danish flag] bram)" [crying]

Yes, sorry, the 'ticker' code (which is also responsible for the 'last by' info) doesn't support user created puzzles yet.. [blush]

Author:  clm  [ Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

bram wrote:
pnm wrote:
I've put your "8x8 subtractions only" puzzle as the user puzzle for tomorrow (which will be at http://www.calcudoku.org/user/2014-02-10)
1st! (to solve clm's difficult puzzle) [cool]
But status only says "(solved 1 time(s) so far)" without adding the coveted "(last by [Danish flag] bram)" [crying]


Congratulations, bram! [thumbup], and specially for doing this Calcudoku: before the regular (duty) puzzles?, and congrats to all other puzzlers solving this [thumbup] .

Particularly myself I do not know how to solve it :-) :-), no, seriously, I have the solution so I should not try it even not scoring points (one "key": we can start by determining the parity of cell g7, I think).

By the way, Patrick, for this new feature, the "User defined puzzle", perhaps instead of having it embedded in the Forum, it would be more "visible" having a link somewhere in the main page, accesible to subscribers or to all puzzlers.

Author:  pnm  [ Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

clm wrote:
By the way, Patrick, for this new feature, the "User defined puzzle", perhaps instead of having it embedded in the Forum, it would be more "visible" having a link somewhere in the main page, accesible to subscribers or to all puzzlers.

Yes, that will happen at some point, but for that I need puzzles to publish :-)

I'm also thinking the puzzle will be worth points, depending on its difficulty level
(and the creator will be unable to score points for his/her own puzzle)

Author:  clm  [ Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

pnm wrote:
Submit the puzzles you'd like to appear on the site in this thread.
...
The format in which to specify your puzzle is:

- the first line has the dimension (a number between 4 and 9)
- subsequent lines specify cages, as follows:
<target result>,<operation>,<cells>

- <target result> speaks for itself
- <operation> can be one of: + - * / % | ^
- <cells> are specified in the coordinates that are used on the site, for example: a1a2

For example, today's 4x4 medium would look like this:

4
3,+,a1b1
9,+,c1b2c2
6,+,d1d2d3
36,*,a2a3b3
12,*,c3b4c4
1,+,a4
4,+,d4

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Patrick


I have sent today a 7x7 puzzle and observed that the first line (the dimension) is not really necessary since yo have the option to select it in the upper small window, so I have sent only the coding starting by

7,|,a1a2

...

I hope the puzzle can be managed correctly in this way. Thanks.

Author:  pnm  [ Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Submit your own puzzles here :-)

clm wrote:
I have sent today a 7x7 puzzle

I saw it, thanks [love]

You're the first! Somehow I thought this feature would be more popular,
but there you go. At least I didn't spend any time on automating the whole pipeline etc..

clm wrote:
and observed that the first line (the dimension) is not really necessary since yo have the option to select it in the upper small window, so I have sent only the coding starting by

Yes, that's fine. Whlie creating the submit page I realized I could "enforce" the
size range [4x4, ..., 9x9] by creating a dropdown [smile]

I should add some more validation code (parseable, all cells present, stuff like that).

Patrick

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/