View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Calcudoku with ?-sign and sequence 

Posted on: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:15 am

Post Calcudoku with ?-sign and sequence
Hi, solvers. [drool]
After relatively long time, I dare to create another calcudoku. Now with ?-sign (inspired by nicow [thumbup]) and together with arithmetic sequence.

All 3 "?" cells ("magenta" color) contain the same number. The "↓" cages contain numbers as members of arith. sequence, so with constant difference (e.g. 1, 2, 3; 3, 5, 7, 9; 8, 8, 8).

Have a nice solving time… [smile]

Last edited by kozibrada on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:54 am

Post Re: Calcudoku with ?-sign and sequence
Looks like quite a puzzle, thanks [thumbup]

Would be some project to adapt the solver to cope with this one [scared]

Posted on: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:38 pm

kozibrada wrote:
Hi, solvers. [drool]
After relatively long time, I dare to create another calcudoku. Now with ?-sign (inspired by nicow [thumbup]) and together with arithmetic sequence.

All 3 "?" cells ("magenta" color) contain the same number. The "↓" cages contain numbers as members of arith. sequence, so with constant difference (e.g. 1, 2, 3; 3, 5, 7, 9; 8, 8, 8).

Have a nice solving time… [smile]

Hi, kozibrada. First of all thanks and congratulations for your job [thumbsup], the imagination is always welcome, the puzzle is nice and amused.

My comments:

I like the idea of using all operators used in the site till the moment (variation).

The level of difficulty for this particular puzzle is not high (medium/easy once you determine the unique combination of operands for the cage 32768^).

The "sequence" operator "↓" is an original and very interesting idea but in this particular puzzle the information provided by this operator it's not required at any moment during the solution process, that is, it's only a final consequence or it looks as casual (which in fact means that you could have left the cage as no-op, and with no result on it, arriving identically at the same and unique solution) or, in other words, when you arrive at the solution you just "verify" that the sequence has been produced.

Posted on: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Thanks for your suggestions.
clm wrote:
The level of difficulty for this particular puzzle is not high (medium/easy once you determine the unique combination of operands for the cage 32768^).
Pfew, I calculated "32768^" as result 8^(1 × 5) or 2^(3 × 5), not completely exponentially. [razz] [biggrin] Never mind, it’s probably a tax for the creation. So in this case this one is much more easy. [thumbup]

And it’s time for another "↓" one, now easy/medium purposely :-) :

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]