Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

8x8 bonus puzzle
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=743
Page 1 of 1

Author:  panther  [ Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:28 am ]
Post subject:  8x8 bonus puzzle

you almost got me on my latest bonus puzzle. would like to know difficulty factor. I am guessing it is around 200.

Author:  manni  [ Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 8x8 bonus puzzle

The bonus puzzle with the inner ring of +56?
It was really more than tricky (and I need a very long time to solve it), but only with 75,3 difficulty factor. If you try to print the puzzle, you can read the factor at the bottom of the page...

...sorry, of course at the top of the page...

Author:  pnm  [ Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 8x8 bonus puzzle

panther wrote:
you almost got me on my latest bonus puzzle. would like to know difficulty factor. I am guessing it is around 200.

200! [scared]

Sorry it took a while to look this up: this was the one with the 59+ inner ring, right?

The rating that would've been shown for this puzzle was 85.

Author:  jaek  [ Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 8x8 bonus puzzle

pnm wrote:
panther wrote:
you almost got me on my latest bonus puzzle. would like to know difficulty factor. I am guessing it is around 200.

200! [scared]

Sorry it took a while to look this up: this was the one with the 59+ inner ring, right?

The rating that would've been shown for this puzzle was 85.

My exhaustive and scientific research shows that the 20 Oct 8x8 difficult was rated less than 60, and the 22 Oct was 71.9 or so. (I should have written those down. I'm not good with numbers.) Point being, 85 for an 8x8 could be extremely hard. Whereas a 9x9 rated 85 I would expect to be a relative walk in the park.

Author:  panther  [ Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 8x8 bonus puzzle

yes. it was the bonus puzzle with 59 point ring. Perhaps with more practice, this type of pattern would get easier. I spent three days and about 8 hours on that one.

Author:  pnm  [ Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 8x8 bonus puzzle

panther wrote:
yes. it was the bonus puzzle with 59 point ring. Perhaps with more practice, this type of pattern would get easier. I spent three days and about 8 hours on that one.

I'll take another look at those puzzles, and maybe remove them from the pool.

The bonus puzzles are supposed to be entertaining, not take you 8 hours to solve [scared]

Author:  sjs34  [ Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 8x8 bonus puzzle

I thought it was more difficult than the usual bonus puzzle but not all that difficult (maybe I was just lucky on this one) and a welcome new type of puzzle. Perhaps large cell puzzles do not belong in the bonus section but I would welcome them in the regular or the extra sections.

Author:  beaker  [ Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 8x8 bonus puzzle

How about some of those new twin no-ops with "0's"........they are a little more challenging and entertaining [smile]

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/