Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

woohoo
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=238
Page 1 of 3

Author:  pnm  [ Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  woohoo

Finally beat "danvijan" on the 5x5 timed 65%/100 average time :-)
by a whopping 0.001 seconds!

Image

but for how long? [blink]

Author:  jaek  [ Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

pnm wrote:
Finally beat "danvijan" on the 5x5 timed 65%/100 average time :-)
by a whopping 0.001 seconds!

but for how long?

I do wonder if you haven't inspired danvijan to set a new personal goal for the 5x5 timed puzzles.

Author:  sheldolina  [ Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

pnm wrote:
Finally beat "danvijan" on the 5x5 timed 65%/100 average time :-)
by a whopping 0.001 seconds!

Now, what about setting a real goal this time, like beating me? That would be, like, actually impressive. :-)

Author:  pnm  [ Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

sheldolina wrote:
Now, what about setting a real goal this time, like beating me? That would be, like, actually impressive. :-)

Yeah yeah. I'd have to go into hard training for that...
(or just speed up the timer when you're playing [tongue] )

Author:  danvijan  [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

pnm wrote:
I'd have to go into hard training for that...


I don't think hard training is enough. You have to do a "Benjamin Button" routine, and actually get younger as time goes by.

As for our little battle for the 5th, I won't go down without a fight [angry]

Author:  pnm  [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

danvijan wrote:
As for our little battle for the 5th, I won't go down without a fight [angry]

[angry] [cursing] [confused] [crying]

One planned change, by the way: times expire after one year
(so people who haven't played in a long time slowly go down the rankings)

Patrick

Author:  picklepep  [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

pnm wrote:
danvijan wrote:
As for our little battle for the 5th, I won't go down without a fight [angry]

[angry] [cursing] [confused] [crying]

One planned change, by the way: times expire after one year
(so people who haven't played in a long time slowly go down the rankings)

Patrick

Even all time rankings??? That doesn't make that much sense. Didn't Hank Aaron hold the most homeruns in a season for about 50 years?

Author:  pnm  [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

picklepep wrote:
Even all time rankings??? That doesn't make that much sense. Didn't Hank Aaron hold the most homeruns in a season for about 50 years?

Times set for the timed puzzles.

Author:  picklepep  [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

pnm wrote:
picklepep wrote:
Even all time rankings??? That doesn't make that much sense. Didn't Hank Aaron hold the most homeruns in a season for about 50 years?

Times set for the timed puzzles.


Yes I understand. My concern is for the all time best time. i.e. if I somehow never match my 37 sec 6x6 time it goes away in a year. It is still my personal best and I wouldn't like it to disappear. I think it is probably a good idea for the aggregates tho [tongue]

Author:  pnm  [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: woohoo

picklepep wrote:
Yes I understand. My concern is for the all time best time. i.e. if I somehow never match my 37 sec 6x6 time it goes away in a year. It is still my personal best and I wouldn't like it to disappear. I think it is probably a good idea for the aggregates tho [tongue]

Good point. I can't assume everyone will continue to improve :-)

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/