Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

Timed 8x8?
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=490
Page 2 of 4

Author:  pnm  [ Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

clm wrote:
In my case the puzzle appeared but I obtained this nice diagram (I specially like the blank cells and those 24x and 15+ in a single cell :-) :-)):

Yes, you get 2500 bonus points if you solve it :-)

Anyway, that's fixed now.

The cause was old code from the time I changed from an 8x8 to a 7x7 on Mondays:
if an 8x8 was requested on a Monday (from an old link), it automatically got changed to a 7x7.
There was no need for a check if it was a timed puzzle because there was no timed 8x8 in those days [huh]

Author:  clm  [ Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
In my case the puzzle appeared but I obtained this nice diagram (I specially like the blank cells and those 24x and 15+ in a single cell :-) :-)):

Yes, you get 2500 bonus points if you solve it :-)

Anyway, that's fixed now.
...


I will solve it offline for those 2500 points so I can approach mparisi :-) :-).

But it seems that today I have lost my "unique" opportunity since now it tells me "1 done so far today" [crying] [crying] (I suppose the same will happen to everyone that tried it today, beaker, ...) ...

Author:  pnm  [ Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

clm wrote:
But it seems that today I have lost my "unique" opportunity since now it tells me "1 done so far today" [crying] [crying] (I suppose the same will happen to everyone that tried it today, beaker, ...) ...

Ah, of course, sorry, will fix.

Edit: fixed.

Author:  clm  [ Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
But it seems that today I have lost my "unique" opportunity since now it tells me "1 done so far today" [crying] [crying] (I suppose the same will happen to everyone that tried it today, beaker, ...) ...

Ah, of course, sorry, will fix.

Edit: fixed.


Thanks a lot, I used the new attempt but I had to stop it so I learned something: For this 8x8 puzzle it's very important to choose the appropriate moment to insure no interruptions [thumbdn] (assuming you need several minutes).

Author:  beaker  [ Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

[smile].....no kidding......and several minutes is not even close for me unless Patrick starts us out with a simple solution puzzle (which wouldn't be a bad idea as it will encourage more users to try it) [biggrin]

Author:  jas33  [ Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

Hi sorry to bother again but I'm having another problem with the 8x8 timed puzzles and wondered if anyone was having the same?
I have found that I don't seem to be storing data for my 8x8s, I scored times of something like 1m 40s today, 1m 55 yesterday and 1m 28(?) on the first day but didn't solve on the second day they were up. However, my time today came up as my #1 even though it should be #2, and it's not down as my best time on those rankings, and I am unranked on the average of 3 best times even though I have solved 3.
Hopefully Patrick could look into this and see if my times could be saved, especially my first one as it's my highest!
Thanks, Jasmine

Edited: just solved one today (30/10) and I've started appearing on the 3 best times rankings etc. It seems it's just my very first time that is not included, it doesn't appear anywhere [confused]

Author:  pnm  [ Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

jas33 wrote:
I have found that I don't seem to be storing data for my 8x8s, I scored times of something like 1m 40s today, 1m 55 yesterday and 1m 28(?) on the first day but didn't solve on the second day they were up.

This most likely was because I cleared the first 30 or so times that were set,
because initially the wrong puzzle was shown as the timed puzzle.

So sorry, it looks like you'll have to set another 1.28 (which I'm sure you will :-) )

Patrick

Author:  jas33  [ Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

pnm wrote:
This most likely was because I cleared the first 30 or so times that were set,
because initially the wrong puzzle was shown as the timed puzzle.

So sorry, it looks like you'll have to set another 1.28 (which I'm sure you will :-) )

Patrick


Ah what a shame, I'll make that my next challenge then [wink]

Thanks,
Jasmine

Author:  beaker  [ Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

1.28 [thumbsup] ....unreal!!......and here I'm trying to break 10 min [smile]

Author:  clm  [ Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed 8x8?

Just for curiosity, in this "experimental phase" of the 8x8 timed, are you using the same puzzle for everybody or it is being generated randomly for each puzzler (as it is supposed to be for the 4x4's, 5x5's and 6x6's timed)?

Page 2 of 4 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/