View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:05 am



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page" 
Author Message

Posted on: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:29 pm




Posts: 73
Location: Delft, The Netherlands
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 7:15 am
Post "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page"
Another timed puzzle thing while I'm at it. I get this pretty often:
http://i.imgur.com/VnAKz6c.png

Does this happen for everyone or is it just a distraction that Patrick built in for me? >__>
(When I reload the page I can proceed with the timed puzzle as usual)


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:54 pm




Posts: 2192
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page"
sheldolina wrote:
Does this happen for everyone or is it just a distraction that Patrick built in for me? >__>
(When I reload the page I can proceed with the timed puzzle as usual)

It's probably only you, because you go so fast (!)

It happens when a timed puzzle is started within 10 seconds of the previous one [blink]

It's a little fail-safe I built in for some browsers that for some reason request the page twice:
it caused people to lose two timed puzzles when doing only one.


Profile

Posted on: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:01 pm




Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Post Re: "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page"
pnm wrote:
sheldolina wrote:
Does this happen for everyone or is it just a distraction that Patrick built in for me? >__>
(When I reload the page I can proceed with the timed puzzle as usual)

It's probably only you, because you go so fast (!)

It happens when a timed puzzle is started within 10 seconds of the previous one [blink]

It's a little fail-safe I built in for some browsers that for some reason request the page twice:
it caused people to lose two timed puzzles when doing only one.


I get this happen quite a lot, especially if I give up a puzzle in the first few seconds and then try another.
But it is interesting what you say about the fail safe, because sometimes I will accidentally double click the button, so requesting the page twice, and the wait for 10 seconds message comes up but I still lose the timed puzzle, so I'm not sure that the fail safe works in this case [sad]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:10 pm




Posts: 2192
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page"
jas33 wrote:
But it is interesting what you say about the fail safe, because sometimes I will accidentally double click the button, so requesting the page twice, and the wait for 10 seconds message comes up but I still lose the timed puzzle, so I'm not sure that the fail safe works in this case [sad]

In that case it probably opens the 1st and 2nd timed puzzle in the same window,
in which case the 1st one is counted, but then the page is overwritten with the 2nd
"please wait 10 seconds" message.

_maybe_ you'd then be able to get to the first by going one page back?
(and if on Firefox, not have it "resend" the parameters)

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:15 pm




Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Post Re: "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page"
pnm wrote:
In that case it probably opens the 1st and 2nd timed puzzle in the same window,
in which case the 1st one is counted, but then the page is overwritten with the 2nd
"please wait 10 seconds" message.

_maybe_ you'd then be able to get to the first by going one page back?
(and if on Firefox, not have it "resend" the parameters)

Patrick


Oh that makes sense, thank you for the suggestion I will try that next time [smile]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 pm




Posts: 2192
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page"
jas33 wrote:
Oh that makes sense, thank you for the suggestion I will try that next time [smile]

I just thought that I could put in a special case for your account,
where a timed puzzle is opened in a new tab (instead of in the same window).

So then after an accidental double-click you'd have one tab with a puzzle with the timer running,
and one tab with the warning message.

(I think having that [cursing] double click in Windoze was a mistake to begin with, single click is fine for everything..)


Profile

Posted on: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:34 pm




Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Post Re: "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page"
pnm wrote:
I just thought that I could put in a special case for your account,
where a timed puzzle is opened in a new tab (instead of in the same window).

So then after an accidental double-click you'd have one tab with a puzzle with the timer running,
and one tab with the warning message.

(I think having that [cursing] double click in Windoze was a mistake to begin with, single click is fine for everything..)


That would be great thank you [biggrin]


Profile

Posted on: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:59 pm




Posts: 73
Location: Delft, The Netherlands
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 7:15 am
Post Re: "Please wait 10 seconds, then reload the page"
pnm wrote:
It's a little fail-safe I built in for some browsers that for some reason request the page twice:
it caused people to lose two timed puzzles when doing only one.


Oh, right. That did happen to me a few times, long ago. Thanks for the explanation :)


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.