View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Access to Forums from the Spanish version 

Posted on: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Post Access to Forums from the Spanish version
When you access the Forum from the English version of the page, from the Nederlands version, or from the other provided versions, you have access to the Forum in the actual three languages (English, Dutch and Spanish) but if you access from the "Español" version you have only access to the Forum in Spanish (also I have made a test changing momentarily the flag to Argentina and entering from the Spanish version with the same result).

This is a big limitation for all spanish speaking puzzlers (however the number of updates for the particular puzzler appear correctly besides the Forum link), some of them read English (or can use a translator) and they could have a more quick access to the discussions or announcements.

Besides this, another "curiosity": when you logout from the Forum you are directly driven to the English page instead of the version you are coming from (this happens with the rest of the versions, I have tested this from the Italiano, Nederlands and Deutsch, apart of the Spanish) loosing time since you must link again to your language.

Posted on: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Post Re: Access to Forums from the Spanish version
clm wrote:
When you access the Forum from the English version of the page,
since you must link again to your language.

Thanks again clm for your valuable feedback, I'll look into it [thumbup]

Posted on: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 am

clm wrote:
When you access the Forum from the English version of the page, from the Nederlands version, or from the other provided versions, you have access to the Forum in the actual three languages (English, Dutch and Spanish) but if you access from the "Español" version you have only access to the Forum in Spanish (also I have made a test changing momentarily the flag to Argentina and entering from the Spanish version with the same result).

This should be fixed now. I also added flags, and a "language bar" at the top of the forum page.
clm wrote:
Besides this, another "curiosity": when you logout from the Forum you are directly driven to the English page instead of the version you are coming from (this happens with the rest of the versions, I have tested this from the Italiano, Nederlands and Deutsch, apart of the Spanish) loosing time since you must link again to your language.

Yes, I think this is because it picks the language from the one in your account. Once you log out, that information is no longer available
(I guess I could store it somewhere before logout though, and then do the proper redirect).
There is no need to log out from the forum though.

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:04 pm

pnm wrote:
... This should be fixed now. I also added flags, and a "language bar" at the top of the forum page. ...

Patrick

The Forums lok much more friendly now. [thumbsup]

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]