View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 login (session) timeouts 

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Post Re: REPORT BUG
jake4 wrote:
Here's some good news, Patrick; from what I've seen over the past few days, the session expiration problem has been fixed! I usually visit the site a couple times a day, and I haven't had to log in for a few days, which seems to be what should be expected. [biggrin]

Well... I've just (as in, 1 minute ago) put in what I think is a "final fix" (*cough*)

So I'm hoping it is actually fixed now..

thanks though :)

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:57 pm

pnm wrote:
jake4 wrote:
Here's some good news, Patrick; from what I've seen over the past few days, the session expiration problem has been fixed! I usually visit the site a couple times a day, and I haven't had to log in for a few days, which seems to be what should be expected. [biggrin]

Well... I've just (as in, 1 minute ago) put in what I think is a "final fix" (*cough*)

So I'm hoping it is actually fixed now..

thanks though :)

OK, I'll let you know if you just broke it, then. :-)

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm

I was on the site this morning. Left for about 9 hours. Had to log back in when I returned.

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:54 pm

sjs34 wrote:
I was on the site this morning. Left for about 9 hours. Had to log back in when I returned.

That makes sense, because that was before and after the change.
If people encounter any problem logging in, it may help to clear your "cookies" and trying again.

Patrick

Posted on: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Post Re: login (session) timeouts
Today I lost a again session: I started the 12x12 yesterday already and left it unifinished over the night. In the morning I worked a bit on it, then decided to go for 8x8 first, so I opened 8x8 in a second tab, did it fairly quickly - and got "not logged on" message upon submitting it. So the timeout has probably happened some time during the night.

Posted on: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:14 pm

jotempe wrote:
Today I lost a again session: I started the 12x12 yesterday already and left it unifinished over the night. In the morning I worked a bit on it, then decided to go for 8x8 first, so I opened 8x8 in a second tab, did it fairly quickly - and got "not logged on" message upon submitting it. So the timeout has probably happened some time during the night.

There was a mistake on my part today where accidentally all
the sessions were deleted (so everybody was suddenly logged out)

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 am

I was logged in and solving puzzles and was getting my points and then solved the 5x5 difficult and site said I was no longer logged in and wouldn't give me my points even though screen turned green and when I checked up above the site said I was still logged in and the 5x5 heading turned colour indicating a solved puzzle.....but, when I tried to access the forum to report "bug", the site came back up and had me logged out and now I have logged in to point out my complaint I find I have to re-solve the 5x5.....what is going on????

Posted on: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:33 am

beaker wrote:
I was logged in and solving puzzles and was getting my points and then solved the 5x5 difficult and site said I was no longer logged in and wouldn't give me my points even though screen turned green and when I checked up above the site said I was still logged in and the 5x5 heading turned colour indicating a solved puzzle.....but, when I tried to access the forum to report "bug", the site came back up and had me logged out and now I have logged in to point out my complaint I find I have to re-solve the 5x5.....what is going on????

Sorry about that, it looks like your login session expired while you were doing
the 5x5 difficult. The "green screen", and the 5x5 heading turning colour are
all done "locally" (i.e. on your PC), so that will always happen. The problem is
either:
- the remote web server deleting your login session (unlikely)
- your browser expiring the "login cookie" (which is what I've been trying to fix)
I'll beat this until it's fixed..

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 am

Whenever I do one of the bigger puzzles, I first print-screen it and copy it into Paint. I then log out immediately afterwards to "guarantee" that I don't get the "you are not logged in" message. Once I complete that puzzle, I just log back in. That method may seem aggravating, but it sure beats learning the hard way that you weren't logged in..... [cursing]

Posted on: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 am

skeeter84 wrote:
Whenever I do one of the bigger puzzles, I first print-screen it and copy it into Paint. I then log out immediately afterwards to "guarantee" that I don't get the "you are not logged in" message. Once I complete that puzzle, I just log back in. That method may seem aggravating, but it sure beats learning the hard way that you weren't logged in..... [cursing]

That's a hassle, but I guess it works.

The problem should have gone away now, by the way (but I know
I've been saying this many times..)

Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next