View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 login (session) timeouts 

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 am

Post Re: login (session) timeouts
skeeter84 wrote:
Whenever I do one of the bigger puzzles, I first print-screen it and copy it into Paint. I then log out immediately afterwards to "guarantee" that I don't get the "you are not logged in" message. Once I complete that puzzle, I just log back in. That method may seem aggravating, but it sure beats learning the hard way that you weren't logged in..... [cursing]

What I often do is open calcudoku in a new tab and see if I'm still logged in. If you are logged in you can go back to your original tab and submit your puzzle. If not you can log in from the new tab but I'm not sure what happens to your existing puzzle, but you can still do your copy and paste trick. Also, IIRC, save for later is a non-destructive way to check if you are still logged in.

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:58 am

The save button saves it to your computer so there should be know need to copy and paste

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 am

picklepep wrote:
The save button saves it to your computer so there should be know need to copy and paste

To be precise, it saves it on the server (so when you log in later,
even from a different computer, the numbers are restored).

Posted on: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:08 am

It happened again to me. After submit the solution - " You are not log in... ". After that I saved the puzzle and I logged in again. But the puzzle wasn't restored.
Isn't it possible after 10 movements there be an autosave ? And a button to reload? (restore)

Posted on: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:47 am

jomapil wrote:
It happened again to me. After submit the solution - " You are not log in... ". After that I saved the puzzle and I logged in again. But the puzzle wasn't restored.
Isn't it possible after 10 movements there be an autosave ? And a button to reload? (restore)

That really shouldn't happen anymore.

In any case, an autosave could be a good idea.

Posted on: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Autosave is definitely not always wanted. If I'm really stuck I use the save function as way to "freeze" a partial solution before messing everything up. I wouldn't want such baseline to be destroyed by a badly timed autosave.

Posted on: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:57 pm

mce wrote:
Autosave is definitely not always wanted. If I'm really stuck I use the save function as way to "freeze" a partial solution before messing everything up. I wouldn't want such baseline to be destroyed by a badly timed autosave.

Yes, I thought about that: there'd be two "save slots" for each puzzle then: one the latest
autosave, one the latest "user save".

Posted on: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:06 pm

I have just experienced another timeout. And I saved the puzzle before entering the last numbers but it didn't load ( restore ).
Why don't you add another button to load a previous game? Must we retire the page and return to it to restore a saved game?

Posted on: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:32 pm

jomapil wrote:
I have just experienced another timeout. And I saved the puzzle before entering the last numbers but it didn't load ( restore ).
Why don't you add another button to load a previous game? Must we retire the page and return to it to restore a saved game?

I did restart the database server just now, so the site was
unavailable for about 5-10 seconds, I'm guessing you fell
into that gap, sorry..

Patrick

Posted on: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Second time again, just now!

Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next