View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 am



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 login (session) timeouts 
Author Message

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 am




Posts: 93
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:08 am
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
skeeter84 wrote:
Whenever I do one of the bigger puzzles, I first print-screen it and copy it into Paint. I then log out immediately afterwards to "guarantee" that I don't get the "you are not logged in" message. Once I complete that puzzle, I just log back in. That method may seem aggravating, but it sure beats learning the hard way that you weren't logged in..... [cursing]


What I often do is open calcudoku in a new tab and see if I'm still logged in. If you are logged in you can go back to your original tab and submit your puzzle. If not you can log in from the new tab but I'm not sure what happens to your existing puzzle, but you can still do your copy and paste trick. Also, IIRC, save for later is a non-destructive way to check if you are still logged in.


Profile

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:58 am




Posts: 98
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:48 am
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
The save button saves it to your computer so there should be know need to copy and paste


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
picklepep wrote:
The save button saves it to your computer so there should be know need to copy and paste

To be precise, it saves it on the server (so when you log in later,
even from a different computer, the numbers are restored).


Profile

Posted on: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:08 am




Posts: 246
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:40 pm
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
It happened again to me. After submit the solution - " You are not log in... ". After that I saved the puzzle and I logged in again. But the puzzle wasn't restored.
Isn't it possible after 10 movements there be an autosave ? And a button to reload? (restore)

_________________
Visit http://www.calcudoku.org the most interesting and addictive site of puzzles.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:47 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
jomapil wrote:
It happened again to me. After submit the solution - " You are not log in... ". After that I saved the puzzle and I logged in again. But the puzzle wasn't restored.
Isn't it possible after 10 movements there be an autosave ? And a button to reload? (restore)

That really shouldn't happen anymore.

In any case, an autosave could be a good idea.


Profile

Posted on: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:22 pm




Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:46 pm
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
Autosave is definitely not always wanted. If I'm really stuck I use the save function as way to "freeze" a partial solution before messing everything up. I wouldn't want such baseline to be destroyed by a badly timed autosave.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:57 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
mce wrote:
Autosave is definitely not always wanted. If I'm really stuck I use the save function as way to "freeze" a partial solution before messing everything up. I wouldn't want such baseline to be destroyed by a badly timed autosave.

Yes, I thought about that: there'd be two "save slots" for each puzzle then: one the latest
autosave, one the latest "user save".


Profile

Posted on: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:06 pm




Posts: 246
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:40 pm
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
I have just experienced another timeout. And I saved the puzzle before entering the last numbers but it didn't load ( restore ).
Why don't you add another button to load a previous game? Must we retire the page and return to it to restore a saved game?

_________________
Visit http://www.calcudoku.org the most interesting and addictive site of puzzles.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:32 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
jomapil wrote:
I have just experienced another timeout. And I saved the puzzle before entering the last numbers but it didn't load ( restore ).
Why don't you add another button to load a previous game? Must we retire the page and return to it to restore a saved game?

I did restart the database server just now, so the site was
unavailable for about 5-10 seconds, I'm guessing you fell
into that gap, sorry..

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:17 pm




Posts: 246
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:40 pm
Post Re: login (session) timeouts
Second time again, just now!

_________________
Visit http://www.calcudoku.org the most interesting and addictive site of puzzles.


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.