View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 timed puzzle points 

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:13 am

Post timed puzzle points
Another question is that I have completed 3 timed puzzles (4x4,5x5,6x6) every day and yet I only show 17 points for timed puzzles this week instead of 21?????

I am guessing Patrick is asleep now and the 12x12 won't be resolved until morning (his time)......so would suggest for us on the Pacific Coast of NA that we check back about 22:00 this evening.......Ken

On another note, where is the total number of puzzles solved appear....I know it used to show up after every time you solved a puzzle but lately I haven't seen this indicated.

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:22 am

Post Re: REPORT BUG
beaker wrote:
Another question is that I have completed 3 timed puzzles (4x4,5x5,6x6) every day and yet I only show 17 points for timed puzzles this week instead of 21?????

You should be showing 18 points then. 21 in several more hours...

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 am

Post Re: REPORT BUG
Yes......you are right.....forgot about the 3 impending ones at midnight.....so I'm really only short 1 point (hardly enough to quibble about......feeling a bit "sheepish" now.

Posted on: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:47 am

Post Re: timed puzzle points
Goodmorning,
First I would like to thank you for all the excellent calcudokus.
I've noticed something wrong with the timed puzzle points at least twice this week and thought it may help the site reporting it. Unless I have misunderstood the way timed puzzle points are added, my points are not added daily. Yesterday for example I completed 6 timed puzzles and my points still remained at 14 as the day before. Maybe it has something to do with my times as they aren't good (around 30 sec for the 4x4s and 3-5 mins for the 6x6s).
Thank you again

Posted on: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:19 am

madlo wrote:
I've noticed something wrong with the timed puzzle points at least twice this week and thought it may help the site reporting it. Unless I have misunderstood the way timed puzzle points are added, my points are not added daily. Yesterday for example I completed 6 timed puzzles and my points still remained at 14 as the day before. Maybe it has something to do with my times as they aren't good (around 30 sec for the 4x4s and 3-5 mins for the 6x6s).

Yes, those get added at 6.15 CET, I should move that time forward a bit...

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 pm

pnm wrote:
madlo wrote:

Patrick

This is something I've been always a little curious about. I understood that with the new changes to the server software that time had been advanced to around 01.00 CET?; usually when I was checking the page (not earlier than 07.00 CET after [sleep]) the points had been added; anyway, in the recent weeks, I have never seen the points before going to [sleep] (in some ocassions around 02.00 CET [crying]) but, why so much time to consolidate those timed points in the totals, while in the rankings you inmediately see them at 0.00 CET?. Is the server so slow? [biggrin].

Posted on: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:27 pm

clm wrote:
This is something I've been always a little curious about. I understood that with the new changes to the server software that time had been advanced to around 01.00 CET?; usually when I was checking the page (not earlier than 07.00 CET after [sleep]) the points had been added; anyway, in the recent weeks, I have never seen the points before going to [sleep] (in some ocassions around 02.00 CET [crying]) but, why so much time to consolidate those timed points in the totals, while in the rankings you inmediately see them at 0.00 CET?. Is the server so slow? [biggrin].

It isn't. I've now (finally) changed the time to 0:05 CET, don't know why it took me so long (all it did was
generate these queries from users..)

Posted on: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:38 pm

pnm wrote:
...don't know why it took me so long (all it did was
generate these queries from users..)

I think UQL - User Query Language - has been a meta-language since the beginning of computer programming. Not sure it has been analyzed and codified, though. I think I have a subject for your next paper, Patrick! :-)

Posted on: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:57 pm

pnm wrote:

Patrick

Thanks for the response, I was under the impression that they changed simultaneously with the regular ones.
The points are still not added but it's ok, I just thought before it was a bug. [smile]

Posted on: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:06 pm

madlo wrote:
The points are still not added but it's ok, I just thought before it was a bug. [smile]

Well, they definitely should have been added by now.
They're not in your history?

Patrick

Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next