View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:42 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 number of regular points incorrect 

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Post Re: REPORT BUG
jomapil wrote:
I think that now I understood! While I have access by the calendar to the puzzles I can submit my extra puzzles solutions? So can I on the 30th June submit 29 extra puzzles obtaining 29x8 points?

Exactly so. You'll be #1 in the world! Maybe. For a week.

In defense of that approach, I think it would be fun to see someone with nearly 1000 points for a week. Just make sure you take a break to solve the bonus puzzles while turning in all those extra puzzles. You can't stockpile those.

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 pm

jomapil wrote:
I think that now I understood! While I have access by the calendar to the puzzles I can submit my extra puzzles solutions? So can I on the 30th June submit 29 extra puzzles obtaining 29x8 points?

Yes, exactly... you got it. But if you don't want to do so many in one day, just do them on the day they are out, for example (or when you have free time), and leave the last cell empty until you want to submit it..

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:08 pm

jaek wrote:
In defense of that approach, I think it would be fun to see someone with nearly 1000 points for a week. Just make sure you take a break to solve the bonus puzzles while turning in all those extra puzzles. You can't stockpile those.

I think one would end up with 700-800 points. But sure... that could be arranged. It would be even more funny if several people did this at the same time and we had a bunch of people with a ridiculous number of points for a week.

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:37 pm

sneaklyfox wrote:
jomapil wrote:

Yes, exactly... you got it. But if you don't want to do so many in one day, just do them on the day they are out, for example (or when you have free time), and leave the last cell empty until you want to submit it..

Imagine your browser crashes on the last day of the month, taking 30 almost-done puzzles with it? Or power outage...

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:00 pm

I accept all your opinions and I respect them but in my case I don't think it is correct. I will do the extra puzzles such as the regular ones. Maybe Patrick will limit the maximum of extra points to 56!
And what Jake4 said can happen: Few days ago there was a power cut and I was 8 hours during the day without electricity!

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:09 pm

jomapil wrote:
And what Jake4 said can happen: Few days ago there was a power cut and I was 8 hours during the day without electricity!

That's why you always need a laptop with one or two full batteries on standby :-)

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:33 pm

in response to Jaek's idea of submitting a months worth of puzzles on the last day of the month, for instance, gaining an extra 29*8 points. seems that you could lose 10 points by skipping over a bonus puzzle, so in the long run you might be a net loser using this technique. In my opinion, the only stat that counts is AVERAGE... Like baseball players, they have have good weeks and bad weeks, good seasons and not so good seasons but their overall lifetime average tells the tale! Add a stat for lifetime average would be nice = total points / nbr of days solving puzzles (to allow for vacations, etc)...

Posted on: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 pm

I continue confusing: how is it possible anyone have 494 regular points?

Posted on: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:49 pm

jomapil wrote:
I continue confusing: how is it possible anyone have 494 regular points?

418 + 7 bonus puzzles + one more 12x12 puzzle (16)

I'd like to separate out bonus points in the rankings as well, by the way.

Posted on: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 am

pnm wrote:
That's why you always need a laptop with one or two full batteries on standby :-)

No good, when the power is out, my internet connection is also out. Happened to me once, and I had to do the puzzles on my Iphone. You can imagine doing the timed ones on that thing...

Offtopic: Sorry for Holland's elimination at the Euro'12, I know there are lot of dutch people on this forum.

Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next