View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 book submission form bug 

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Post book submission form bug
Apparently it exists a "very small" bug affecting the book solutions. For instance, I made a mistake and entered the number B20D93 but with the solution of the puzzle B20D98 and submitted it, I properly received the red msg of "incorrect solution", then I just entered in the small window the correct number, B20D98 and sent it, everything worked OK, points added, book number to the history, etc. But the next day I tried to send a new book solution it was still "memorized" (in the small window) the number B20D93, this is a little confusing. I'm sure that when I really send the B20D93 it will be no problem (I'll let you know if any), but the small window should show the puzzles really sent (and the wrong attempts cleared).

Posted on: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:50 am

Post Re: book submission form bug
I thought that was a function of the browser remembering items that have previously been entered in a field. When I start typing a new book puzzle ID, at first it shows all (they all start with B) then as I type, fewer and fewer are displayed.

Posted on: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:38 am

Post Re: book submission form bug
pharosian wrote:
I thought that was a function of the browser remembering items that have previously been entered in a field. When I start typing a new book puzzle ID, at first it shows all (they all start with B) then as I type, fewer and fewer are displayed.

Thank you very much, pharosian, it's a good idea, I usually do not use that feature of my browser (IE8) to selectively suppress any previous entry, I'll use it next time. Anyway I entered again and sent, without problems, my "affected" puzzle B20D93, and now the history of the window works properly, it's good to keep that sequence, with the already sent puzzles, when you are ready to send a new book solution.

Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]