View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sbmission problems 

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:48 am

Post Sbmission problems
Over the last few days, when I submit a puzzle, screen turns green and then message pops up saying "tried 3 times....submit again later....yet when I do submit later this message pops up "already solved and points were awarded"....plus the loading times between puzzles is really slow.....my computer or your site or both?????? (Also, if the new site you set up for reporting problems is "locked" how are we supposed to use that site??????????)

Last edited by beaker on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:53 am

Post Re: Sbmission problems
beaker wrote:
Over the last few days, when I submit a puzzle, screen turns green and then message pops up saying "tried 3 times....submit again later....yet when I do submit later this message pops up "already solved and points were awarded"....plus the loading times between puzzles is really slow.....my computer or your site or both?????? (Also, if the new site you set up for reporting problems is "locked" how are we supposed to use that site??????????

I've gotten the same thing since yesterday or the day before too. The tried 3 times, submit later thing but actually it works because I see I get the points so I don't know why. It doesn't happen all the time either.

Can we get a discount off the subscription because of all the bugs that keep appearing? [tongue]

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:56 am

beaker wrote:
Over the last few days, when I submit a puzzle, screen turns green and then message pops up saying "tried 3 times....submit again later....yet when I do submit later this message pops up "already solved and points were awarded"....plus the loading times between puzzles is really slow.....

It looks like a problem with the server. Unfortunately the site is on a server
which is running many other sites (about 200 (!)), and if even one of those
sites is misbehaving, then it affects calcudoku.org :-(

For example, a few weeks ago a tiny site on that server posted a couple of videos
of up to 1 GB (1024 MB) in size, and advertised that. Once only a handful of people
started downloading those videos, it clogged up the server.

Edit: I've now started a detailed monitoring process on the server, to try and find
the problem. And/or maybe it's time to move servers again (re-invest the money
made from the subscriptions :-) )
beaker wrote:
(Also, if the new site you set up for reporting problems is "locked" how are we supposed to use that site??????????)

Do you mean the "submit your bug/error reports here" thread? That should be locked,
because otherwise people will start replying in that thread (instead of starting a new topic).

Patrick

Last edited by pnm on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
Can we get a discount off the subscription because of all the bugs that keep appearing? [tongue]

Well, should the site become unavailable for whatever reason,
I can move the expiry date of everyone's subscription..

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 am

Not really a big problem, gave me chance to do something else between solving puzzles [biggrin] I can imagne thro, that it would be annoyng for people doing timed puzzles: you are waiting all ready to go, maximally concentrated, but the puzzle is not loading...

Fortunately it seems, that today morning everything works fine.

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]