View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Bonus Puzzle "Lock" Disengages 

Posted on: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:35 am

Post Bonus Puzzle "Lock" Disengages
Hi,

The normal behavior after a bonus puzzle has been completed is that when the "regular" puzzle page is displayed again, the link is removed from the "Bonus puzzle" label until the number of points to get to the NEXT bonus puzzle has been obtained.

I've noticed a few times that my bonus puzzle link was enabled when I didn't think it should be. Sure enough, I'd click the link and see the note saying I'd already solved the puzzle. Tonight I finally worked on reproducing the issue, and it appears that if one returns to the "Calcudoku puzzle page" from the forum, the link re-engages, allowing access to a completed bonus puzzle. Last week I verified that if I re-did the puzzle, I didn't get any additional points, so I don't think there's any real harm in it, but it can be confusing.

Posted on: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:14 am

Post Re: Bonus Puzzle "Lock" Disengages
Every time I do (or redo) a regular (or extra) puzzle on the main page and the solution is automatically submitted, the moment the message "Congratulations, you solved the puzzle" appears, the bonus puzzle link is reactivated even though I haven't reached the target to earn a new bonus puzzle. (Like pharosian, I find that if I then click on the bonus puzzle link, the current bonus puzzle appears along with the note informing me that I have already solved it.) The bonus puzzle link stays reactivated until I leave the regular puzzle I just solved, e.g. by starting to solve another regular puzzle.

Posted on: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:15 am

Maybe related, maybe not:

Tonight I solved a puzzle and noticed that the message that says "You have xxx points until the next bonus puzzle" had xxx = the total number of points when my next puzzle would be awarded. It went back to normal when I solved the next puzzle.

Posted on: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:09 am

FWIW, even when the "Bonus Puzzle" text link is deactivated, the icon still has an active link to the already solved bonus puzzle.

Posted on: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:19 am

mparisi wrote:
FWIW, even when the "Bonus Puzzle" text link is deactivated, the icon still has an active link to the already solved bonus puzzle.

What it really should be is consistent with the other puzzle links: so the link
is always there, but has a green background when you've already solved that bonus puzzle.

Posted on: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:29 pm

pnm wrote:
What it really should be is consistent with the other puzzle links: so the link
is always there, but has a green background when you've already solved that bonus puzzle.

That would be awesome! [thumbsup]

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]