View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 total points 

Posted on: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 am

Post total points
Hmm... rickt has 52 more regular points than me. Even given he may possibly have a couple more bonus puzzles, that doesn't explain so many points. Or is it related to the server doing calculations late? I've gotten the maximum number of points I could get everyday...

Posted on: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:44 am

Post Re: total points
Sneaklyfox, After seeing your post I went back and recalc'd my last 7 days regular pts. and the result is 463 not 475 as reported on the rankings list. There are additional bonus puzzle pts. for me this past week due to errors that occurred while Patrick was on holiday the were rectified. This was a one time correction that allowed me to gain 2 bonus puzzles (20 pts.) ... However I should be DEDUCTED by 12 points in the regular bucket as described above. So you are correct!
BTW, I realize my hoarding those extra pts. will only last so long against your excellent speed skill and puzzle solving prowess! [biggrin]

RGT

Posted on: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Wow... you mean besides those two extra bonus puzzles, you had 2 more bonus puzzles than I did? Aw... Hm... why would 12 points have appeared in the calculation? Weird.

Speed skills only get me 30-40 more points and I don't think I have any more prowess than you in puzzle solving skills considering that we both can do all the regular puzzles.

Posted on: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:14 pm

I had 8 solved bonus puzzles yielding 80 pts. last 7 days. That is correct. A correction for a prior error in bonus target calculation allowed an additional bonus puzzle. Don't forget my bonus target is not the same as yours due to the fact that you have solved 4.5 times more puzzles than me due to being on this site about a yr. or so longer. Bonus target calc is
75 + floor(bonus solved / 5). So I get a bonus puzzle more frequently than you do.

Anyway, what's the big deal? It's not as if there is a pot of gold involved here..

Posted on: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Anyway, what's the big deal? It's not as if there is a pot of gold involved here..[/quote]

Great last sentence, rickt, you are so right. So often since I started to play on a high level I could read "why this could be???" Someone is always "crying", unfortunately with success since yesterday!
I'm sure you too know what hard (and fair) work it was the last weeks to stay nearby 650 points everyday, isn' it?

Posted on: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 pm

rickt wrote:
I had 8 solved bonus puzzles yielding 80 pts. last 7 days. That is correct. A correction for a prior error in bonus target calculation allowed an additional bonus puzzle. Don't forget my bonus target is not the same as yours due to the fact that you have solved 4.5 times more puzzles than me due to being on this site about a yr. or so longer. Bonus target calc is
75 + floor(bonus solved / 5). So I get a bonus puzzle more frequently than you do.

Anyway, what's the big deal? It's not as if there is a pot of gold involved here..

Yes, I am aware that your target is different than mine, but I just didn't realize it was that big of a difference. It sort of makes me wish I didn't suggest n/5 for subscribers. If it were n/2 for everyone it would benefit me more as I'm already close to the limit (I forget what that is exactly) but other people would *catch up* more quickly. But whatever.

You're right... it's not a big deal. Just saying.

Posted on: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:27 am

FYI.... Regular point totals listed today seem to be totally hosed (as you say up in Canada!)

Posted on: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 am

rickt wrote:
FYI.... Regular point totals listed today seem to be totally hosed (as you say up in Canada!)

Actually, I do not use the term "hosed". I have never heard it and I don't know what it means.

I still don't understand the point totals. I mean, why I seem to have so few regular points compared to other people. I know there's the bonus puzzle thing, but then the differences should only be by n x 10 points for each bonus puzzle.

Posted on: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:52 am

Ok, now I think it's really getting impossible. Over 100 points more from regular? Something is wrong here or I'm stupid...

Posted on: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:32 pm

sneaklyfox wrote:
Ok, now I think it's really getting impossible. Over 100 points more from regular? Something is wrong here or I'm stupid...

Hm, embarrassing oversight on my part: the script that updates the totals every day
did not yet implement the "42 maximum" rule. So if you got 42 points on a day,
and 'rickt' (for example) solved all the puzzles, he'd get quite a few more points.

In any case, I've dropped the 42 maximum rule just now, while looking for something better.

Patrick

Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next