View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 "Last 30 Days" totals apparent jump 

Posted on: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Post "Last 30 Days" totals apparent jump
Very very minor problem, but it looks like an "apparent" jump, backwards, has been produced in the "Last 30 Days" total, this figure (at least in my case) was constantly increasing (day by day) since Aug 01, when the killer's were introduced and due to these killer's points (of course at some point, after 30 days, I was expecting some "asymptote", a limit value, for this figure, since I am not sending actually book solutions) but yesterday I had 2749 points and today after sending all solutions I was expecting 2765, instead I show 2686 (79 points backwards?) :-) :-)

Posted on: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Post Re: "Last 30 Days" totals apparent jump
clm wrote:
Very very minor problem, but it looks like an "apparent" jump, backwards, has been produced in the "Last 30 Days" total, this figure (at least in my case) was constantly increasing (day by day) since Aug 01, when the killer's were introduced and due to these killer's points (of course at some point, after 30 days, I was expecting some "asymptote", a limit value, for this figure, since I am not sending actually book solutions) but yesterday I had 2749 points and today after sending all solutions I was expecting 2765, instead I show 2686 (79 points backwards?) :-) :-)

I'll check, it may be related to the missing 'extra' puzzles in the total.
(viewtopic.php?p=3079#p3079)

and/or the fact that before August 1st, the killers were worth 0 points.

Posted on: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Is this still a problem?
For other people as well?

Posted on: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:30 am

pnm wrote:
Is this still a problem?
For other people as well?

The problem has been corrected, and the totals went back yesterday to the original values, thank you.

Posted on: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:17 am

clm wrote:
The problem has been corrected, and the totals went back yesterday to the original values, thank you.

Great, I solved this one the Italian Way (= wait until the problem goes away :-) )

Posted on: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 pm

pnm wrote:
... Great, I solved this one the Italian Way (= wait until the problem goes away :-) )

Not a bad philosophy [smile], and I am affraid, Patrick, we have something similar in my country: "Let the things as they are ... ". Let me today to digress a little: That point of view looks like a corollary of a "theorem" that I have developed and that I define as "The principle of the inverse proportionality" :-) :-) (it sounds like the Murphy's law but it's quite different).

Let's see (following the digression): Applied to this situation it would be "As much as you fix something as less as it will work properly". But there are many other examples, for instance: "The duration of a marriage is inversely proportional to the number of persons invited to the wedding" (or inversely proportional to the size of the bed, it's clear that 2,40 m. wide is not very advisable :-) ), "The quality of a science-fiction film is inversely proportional to the amount of money spent in its production", "As higher is the prize of a pen (gold, platinum, diamonds, ... ) used to write something as lower is the level of knowledge of the owner" (though this last has a direct proportionality version: "... as higher is the number of grammar mistakes made by the owner"), etc.

Or, i.e.: "As higher is the number of valid solutions of a Calcudoku as lower is the number of puzzlers satisfied with the result" :-) and this would drive directly to the need of a unique solution.

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]