View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Can't get the puzzles to load today 
Author Message

Posted on: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:37 pm




Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:17 am
Post Can't get the puzzles to load today
When I went to do my morning puzzles with my cup of coffee, I found that they will not load. I get the puzzle, but the ads don't load, and I am unable to enter numbers. Since nothing else seems to be wrong with my computer, I assume that this is a systemic problem with the site that needs some attention. (I'm very frustrated that I can't get my daily points!)
cheers
Isidore


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:01 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Can't get the puzzles to load today
isidore wrote:
When I went to do my morning puzzles with my cup of coffee, I found that they will not load. I get the puzzle, but the ads don't load, and I am unable to enter numbers. Since nothing else seems to be wrong with my computer, I assume that this is a systemic problem with the site that needs some attention. (I'm very frustrated that I can't get my daily points!)

I've done some tests, and it seems to be a conflict between Safari (which I think
is the browser you're using) and the ads on the page (!)

Try to reload the page. Once you get the "Remove Ads" link, click on it to get rid of the ads.

Alternatively, try Firefox (I did not see the problem with Firefox, but then again, a different
ad may have been loaded, and I'm running a newer version of Mac OS X here)

Let me know,

Patrick


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:21 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Can't get the puzzles to load today
I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the ads

( [cursing] poor quality code being served to my site from the outside..)

So for now I've disabled the ads, the page seems to work ok again in Safari, let me know.

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:27 pm




Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:17 am
Post Re: Can't get the puzzles to load today
Thanks so much for being so prompt!!!

Tried Safari again, but it still gets paralyzed. Never gets to the "remove ads" button

I can't try Firefox because (blush) I've completely forgotten my password and I can't find a button to change it in Safari so I can login to firefox.

I'm going out for an hour or so, will check in when I get back

cheers
Isidore


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:38 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Can't get the puzzles to load today
isidore wrote:
Tried Safari again, but it still gets paralyzed. Never gets to the "remove ads" button

I removed the ads now, did you try the page without the ads?
isidore wrote:
I can't try Firefox because (blush) I've completely forgotten my password and I can't find a button to change it in Safari so I can login to firefox.

Reset your password?


Profile

Posted on: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 am




Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:17 am
Post Re: Can't get the puzzles to load today
Safari is still stuck

I'd be happy to reset my password if I could discover how - I can't find a place on the site to do that. Am I missing something?

thanks
Isidore


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Can't get the puzzles to load today
isidore wrote:
I'd be happy to reset my password if I could discover how - I can't find a place on the site to do that. Am I missing something?

Yes, on the login page, the "forgot my password" link.

http://www.calcudoku.org/ops/forgot


Profile

Posted on: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 am




Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:17 am
Post Re: Can't get the puzzles to load today
Many thanks

I changed my password, which seemed to cause Safari to lose my points, but I'm now logged in on Firefox and everything is working

By the way, I could not see how to get to the login page from the main screen, and still feel as if I am missing something.

Greatly appreciate this site, and will eventually subscribe, I promise

cheers


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:03 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Can't get the puzzles to load today
isidore wrote:
I changed my password, which seemed to cause Safari to lose my points, but I'm now logged in on Firefox and everything is working

Ok, good :-)
isidore wrote:
By the way, I could not see how to get to the login page from the main screen, and still feel as if I am missing something.

You'll only see that link if you're not logged in (big blue-on-green links "Sign up" and "Login" in the top left)
isidore wrote:
Greatly appreciate this site, and will eventually subscribe, I promise

Thanks :)


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.