Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

Timed points not scored
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=594
Page 1 of 2

Author:  clm  [ Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 am ]
Post subject:  Timed points not scored

Strange problem last night (server?)!, I had a long outage accesing the page [confused], the thing is that only 1 point (4x4 timed) has been added to my totals (and history) while the 5x5, 6x6 and 8x8 (3 additional points) have not been added and are not shown in my history.

Author:  beaker  [ Thu May 29, 2014 9:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

Same with me [confused]

Author:  pnm  [ Thu May 29, 2014 11:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

Same with everyone :-(

The database server crashed a few minutes after midnight, causing all sorts of problems.

It happened right around the time the bonus points are added, I'll check the code before I try to rerun it [mellow]

Author:  clm  [ Thu May 29, 2014 12:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

pnm wrote:
Same with everyone :-(

The database server crashed a few minutes after midnight, causing all sorts of problems.

It happened right around the time the bonus points are added, I'll check the code before I try to rerun it [mellow]


The server has removed mparisi from all rankings!!!, this is probably because it does not like people with more than 100,000 points, I am affraid I will follow soon the same tragic destination [scared] [scared].

Author:  pnm  [ Thu May 29, 2014 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

clm wrote:
The server has removed mparisi from all rankings!!!, this is probably because it does not like people with more than 100,000 points, I am affraid I will follow soon the same tragic destination [scared] [scared].

The revenge of the puzzle server [mad]

But seriously, the login info for 5 accounts was lost, working on restoring those now...

Author:  sjs34  [ Thu May 29, 2014 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

Mine was one of the accounts that had its login info lost. It is now back and seems to be working fine. mparisi is not yet back in the rankings.

Author:  pnm  [ Thu May 29, 2014 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

sjs34 wrote:
Mine was one of the accounts that had its login info lost. It is now back and seems to be working fine. mparisi is not yet back in the rankings.

Yours was fine, it was the database table with the accounts that got corrupted in a restart/crash of the server,
so no username/password info could be retrieved anymore (so nobody could login).

Author:  vittorio  [ Thu May 29, 2014 10:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

This morning, as everyone, I hadn't accredited my three points for timed puzzles (1 for each 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6) but only one, without any indication in my history.
Now the three puzzles have been added to my hystory as well as the three points, but the additional point without puzzle remains (!)
There is also another strange thing: my number of consecutive days solving puzzles is 103 instead of 104 (one less) [blink] .
Do you think is it possible to fix these errors?

Thanks [biggrin]

Author:  pnm  [ Thu May 29, 2014 11:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

Vittorio wrote:
Now the three puzzles have been added to my hystory as well as the three points, but the additional point without puzzle remains (!)

I'm pretty sure now the crash happened _while_ the timed bonus points were added..

Your total should be recomputed correctly at the start of the next day (so in about 40 minutes from now)
(so the phantom point will disappear again [blink] )

Vittorio wrote:
There is also another strange thing: my number of consecutive days solving puzzles is 103 instead of 104 (one less) [blink] .

Thanks for pointing that out, those numbers were not updated as well because of the database server crash.

Should be fixed now.

Patrick

Author:  vittorio  [ Fri May 30, 2014 7:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Timed points not scored

Thank you.

The consecutive days are now ok (it signs 105, as they are), but the "phantom" point didn't yet disappear [confused] .
My actual score is 26029 but the scorecard says 26030. The strange is that both the last 7 days and the last 30 days reports the correct figures (365 and 1593 points): the error is only on the All Time score.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/