Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

some recent fixes
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=596
Page 1 of 1

Author:  pnm  [ Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  some recent fixes

Some stuff that came up these past few days:

- having to recompute totals for a couple of "damaged" accounts after last week's datbase server crash
unearthed another problem: puzzle ids for all extra puzzles during September 2012 (!) were mismatched,
which meant all solutions for that month were no longer counted

- fixed the "green highlighting" right after solving a puzzle

- an obscure off-by-one bug which caused the puzzle that was solved _first_ 29 days ago not to be
counted when recomputing the new 30 day totals [blink] (so 1 (one) account was affected, usually
for 1 point (4x4 easy) every day..)(and only of course if that first puzzle was solved by somebody
who was logged in..)

all fixed now [thumbsup]

Author:  jaek  [ Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some recent fixes

pnm wrote:
- an obscure off-by-one bug which caused the puzzle that was solved _first_ 29 days ago not to be
counted when recomputing the new 30 day totals [blink] (so 1 (one) account was affected, usually
for 1 point (4x4 easy) every day..)(and only of course if that first puzzle was solved by somebody
who was logged in..)

all fixed now [thumbsup]

They say that 90% of the coding addresses 10% of the cases - general cases are easy and then you glom on more and more to address the less general. I think it may be hard to come up with a more singular and specific issue than this.

But what if the first puzzle solved was a timed puzzle? [scared]

Author:  pnm  [ Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some recent fixes

jaek wrote:
But what if the first puzzle solved was a timed puzzle? [scared]

Those are stored in a different table.
But thanks for helping me debug [biggrin]

Author:  mparisi  [ Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: some recent fixes

pnm wrote:
- fixed the "green highlighting" right after solving a puzzle


Somewhat related, and I think it's been around for a while: Today's medium sudoku doesn't show up as green after you have left the page. If you go back to its page you get the note that you've already solved the puzzle, but it still isn't highlighted green.

Author:  pnm  [ Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: some recent fixes

mparisi wrote:
Somewhat related, and I think it's been around for a while: Today's medium sudoku doesn't show up as green after you have left the page. If you go back to its page you get the note that you've already solved the puzzle, but it still isn't highlighted green.

Thanks for reporting that.

The database field that keeps track of the puzzles solved today only had space for 16 puzzles,
and today there are 17 [rolleyes], so the last puzzle solved was not recorded (well only not
recorded for the green highlighting).

Fixed now..

Patrick

Author:  bram  [ Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some recent fixes

pnm wrote:
mparisi wrote:
Somewhat related, and I think it's been around for a while: Today's medium sudoku doesn't show up as green after you have left the page. If you go back to its page you get the note that you've already solved the puzzle, but it still isn't highlighted green.

Thanks for reporting that.

The database field that keeps track of the puzzles solved today only had space for 16 puzzles,
and today there are 17 [rolleyes], so the last puzzle solved was not recorded (well only not
recorded for the green highlighting).

Fixed now..

Patrick

Still no green highlighting of the medium sudoku for me, though. All other puzzles and the wording "Bonus puzzle target: 69717" are highlighted. Maybe the bonus puzzle thing also occupies a position in the database field? [confused]

Author:  pnm  [ Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some recent fixes

bram wrote:
Still no green highlighting of the medium sudoku for me, though. All other puzzles and the wording "Bonus puzzle target: 69717" are highlighted. Maybe the bonus puzzle thing also occupies a position in the database field? [confused]

Did you solve the medium Sudoku before or after I posted about a fix?

Author:  bram  [ Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some recent fixes

pnm wrote:
Did you solve the medium Sudoku before or after I posted about a fix?
Ah, before. So that probably explains it. [smile]

Author:  pnm  [ Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some recent fixes

bram wrote:
Ah, before. So that probably explains it. [smile]

Yes, I could have gone and figure out manually what the last solved puzzle was
by those people who solved all 17, and then enter those manually, but I was lazy [sleep]

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/