View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Timed puzzles bugged? 

Posted on: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Post Timed puzzles bugged?
I started doing the timed puzzles today without problem through the 4x4 and 5x5s. I honestly don't remember if I successfully completed any 6x6, but I do know that I finished a 6x6 only to notice that the time is 0:00. When I went back to the 'getset' page it looked like this:

I've done two more 6x6 with the same result - timer progresses as I work the puzzle but resets to 0 upon completion. I can't select the 8x8 puzzle.

When I go to the overall 6x6 rankings, http://www.calcudoku.org/ops/timed_rankings/en/world/6, the tables for today's and yesterday's scores do not display but the best time, best three, and best 100 tables do.

Posted on: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Post Re: Timed puzzles bugged?
Thanks for the report, will check.

This may be related to the server restarting for no reason twice (!) today.

I asked my hosting provider what was going on, but they claim "there's nothing in the logs" :-(

Posted on: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Running well the 4x4's and the 5x5's, in my case I have completed correctly two 6x6's but the counter does not show anything (same as jaek) and the table shows: "(no time set yet)", I made no more attempts, waiting the problem is corrected before 24:00 CET :-) . Apparently without problems with the 8x8.

Posted on: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:16 pm

clm wrote:
Running well the 4x4's and the 5x5's, in my case I have completed correctly two 6x6's but the counter does not show anything (same as jaek) and the table shows: "(no time set yet)", I made no more attempts, waiting the problem is corrected before 24:00 CET :-) . Apparently without problems with the 8x8.

Because of the server reboots a few database tables got corrupted, it should be better now.

(but some data may still be off [sad] )

Posted on: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:28 pm

pnm wrote:

I now show that I've completed 6 6x6 puzzles, which may actually be true. But I'm still unable to select the 8x8 to be able to complete that. I'll let you know how things look tomorrow.

Posted on: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:22 pm

jaek wrote:
pnm wrote:
Because of the server reboots a few database tables got corrupted, it should be better now.

I now show that I've completed 6 6x6 puzzles, which may actually be true. But I'm still unable to select the 8x8 to be able to complete that. I'll let you know how things look tomorrow.

All worked as expected today. Thanks.

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]