View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 "Hide Buttons" button - how to restore? 

Posted on: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:00 am

"Hide Buttons" button - how to restore?
Viewing the site on my desktop computer, I foolishly clicked on the "hide buttons" button appearing below the puzzle, out of curiosity. That action made the row of buttons for numbers (1-2-3-etc.) disappear. Now I can't get it back. None of the remaining buttons (Undo, Start Over, Clear Non-bolded Cells, etc.) will actually restore the number buttons.

I've cleared the site data, cache & cookies, logged out & logged in again, closed & reopened my browser -- all to no avail. Any thoughts on how to restore the row of number buttons?

I don't see an explanation of the meaning/function of the buttons appearing below the puzzles anywhere on the site, actually - hence my clicking on them out of curiosity (when it wasn't obvious already what the button did).

Posted on: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:14 am

Post Re: "Hide Buttons" button - how to restore?
gobsmack wrote:
Viewing the site on my desktop computer, I foolishly clicked on the "hide buttons" button appearing below the puzzle, out of curiosity. That action made the row of buttons for numbers (1-2-3-etc.) disappear. Now I can't get it back. None of the remaining buttons (Undo, Start Over, Clear Non-bolded Cells, etc.) will actually restore the number buttons.

I've cleared the site data, cache & cookies, logged out & logged in again, closed & reopened my browser -- all to no avail. Any thoughts on how to restore the row of number buttons?

I don't see an explanation of the meaning/function of the buttons appearing below the puzzles anywhere on the site, actually - hence my clicking on them out of curiosity (when it wasn't obvious already what the button did).

I presume you’re talking about the button that has an X inside a circle? I remember being puzzled the first time I hit this and it caused all the buttons to disappear.

All to have to do to restore the buttons is click on any cell within a puzzle.

Posted on: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:52 am

Yes, maybe I should add that info to the "hover text"

And I should think about what to do for tablet/phone (where as far as I know there is no "hover text")

[bored] [confused]

Posted on: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:04 pm

paulv66: Thank you so much! Obviously this solution never occurred to me. Number buttons now nicely appearing again.

The first thing I did upon loss of the number buttons was check the site on my phone, log in, and see whether I'd lost the number buttons there as well, but they did remain there. Couldn't remember what the "hide button" button had actually looked like on the desktop version - and no such thing appears on the smartphone/tablet version of the site.

I can view a button's hover text on my phone by pressing hard on the button (press & hold for a second or two, as opposed to tapping once quickly) - but this can be tricky/risky, since if you inadvertently wind up tapping instead, you activate the button's function, which can be hazardous if you can't figure out how to undo what you just did. Ahem.

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]