Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

The new symbols at the bottom
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=909
Page 2 of 2

Author:  pnm  [ Sat May 27, 2017 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

eclipsegirl wrote:
Right now, actually as of the new day, the little yellow box with the last time the puzzle was saved is appearing over the left most buttons.

I do not like that. I liked the position that was from yesterday, off to the left side.

It's a work in progress, things will improve...

edit: the message should now be permanently visible.

marblevolcano wrote:
That thing is a floppy disk?!?
Wow... I'd never seen one before


Yes, I was wondering if that icon still works, because floppy disks haven't been used in ages.
Hopefully the youngsters know what it is from having seen it in other software (much like
they probably know a rotary phone is a phone [smile] )

Author:  paulv66  [ Sat May 27, 2017 2:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

The last saved box is now appearing on its own below the puzzle with the icons to the right, but the puzzle itself is now scrunched into the left half of the screen on my iPad. I think this may be an unintended consequence of the fix that was applied to the last saved box.

Author:  pnm  [ Sat May 27, 2017 2:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

paulv66 wrote:
The last saved box is now appearing on its own below the puzzle with the icons to the right, but the puzzle itself is now scrunched into the left half of the screen on my iPad. I think this may be an unintended consequence of the fix that was applied to the last saved box.

Do you have a screenshot, or a specific link for which this happens?

(not able to reproduce this here yet, also not on an iPad)

edit: I do see a problem with the "old number pad", will check.

Author:  paulv66  [ Sat May 27, 2017 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

Hi Patrick

I've taken a screen shot, but don't know how to post it. Should I send it as a pm?

Author:  pnm  [ Sat May 27, 2017 2:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

paulv66 wrote:
Hi Patrick

I've taken a screen shot, but don't know how to post it. Should I send it as a pm?


You could upload it to a site like imgur.com and send me the link,
or send me e-mail.

Author:  eclipsegirl  [ Sat May 27, 2017 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

pnm wrote:

Yes, I was wondering if that icon still works, because floppy disks haven't been used in ages.
Hopefully the youngsters know what it is from having seen it in other software (much like
they probably know a rotary phone is a phone [smile] )


This is off topic.
Wheb my daughter was young and had a friend over, she needed to make a phone call. I pointed to our rotary desk dial phone and she was aprehensive about using it. I had to show her how the rotary part worked. [omg]

Author:  paulv66  [ Sat May 27, 2017 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:
Hi Patrick

I've taken a screen shot, but don't know how to post it. Should I send it as a pm?


You could upload it to a site like imgur.com and send me the link,
or send me e-mail.


Thanks Patrick

I've sent you an email.

Paul

Author:  pnm  [ Sat May 27, 2017 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

paulv66 wrote:
I've sent you an email.

Thanks, now I see it only happens when the number pad is on the right..

will fix.

edit: this was a subscriber only bug (!), should be fixed now

Author:  mukund  [ Sat May 27, 2017 4:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new symbols at the bottom

pnm wrote:

Yes, I was wondering if that icon still works, because floppy disks haven't been used in ages.
Hopefully the youngsters know what it is from having seen it in other software (much like
they probably know a rotary phone is a phone [smile] )



Microsoft still uses the floppy disk symbol for 'saving'

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/