View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Completed Puzzles - Green bar 

Posted on: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:25 am

Post Completed Puzzles - Green bar
I noticed this when I started today's dailies that many already had a green highlight.

I still was able to use the 'next unsolved puzzle" button.

I stopped due to dealing with a bonus puzzle.

When I came back, the green highlight indicators were still off. Some puzzles that I had solved, and told me I had solved were not green. Some puzzles were green, when I knew I had not even looked at them

Posted on: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:31 am

Post Re: Completed Puzzles - Green bar
Something IS QUITE NOT RIGHT [confused]

Posted on: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:43 am

Same here. Interestingly, not all puzzled are highlighted as solved. The easy sudoku (which I never do, no points), and the difficult 5x5 and difficult 7x7 are not highlighted. Also none of the subscribers only puzzles are highlighted.

If I am not mistaken, yesterday had no 5x5 or 7x7 on difficult. So I am guessing the issue is caused by some time setting. It might be good for people to note when these "solved" highlights disappear on people. That way it may be easier for Patrick to hunt down the bug.

Posted on: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:46 am

ddarthez wrote:
It might be good for people to note when these "solved" highlights disappear on people. That way it may be easier for Patrick to hunt down the bug.

Thanks [thumbup]

I was just one failed operation though, easy to find, also see: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=976

Posted on: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Showing up as not solved, but have been done
Med 7 x 7
Dif 5 x 5
Dif 7 x 7

Showing up as solved, but I have not solved them
Med Killer Sudoku
Med Sudoku
Extra

Posted on: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Today (Tues Oct 10) I noticed the green highlight for solved puzzles is not working again.

For me: what is showing up solved: (I did solve them)
Killer S -- Med
Sudoku - Med
9 x 9 - Difficult

All other puzzles remain white, even tho they are solved with the exceptiong of Sudoku - Easy and the Extra puzzle

The gold star I earned today is showing up in the rankings

Last edited by eclipsegirl on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posted on: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:55 pm

To add to that:

I don't get any puzzles marked as solved, even though i did not do them - I only had the medium sudoku left, and I am not a subscriber..

It was working fine earlier in the day. I think around 9 PM CET it stopped working - it worked fine when I solved the last killer of the day (around 3 PM CET). All the puzzles I had solved up to that point are not marked green, even though each puzzle gives the written confirmation "you have already solved this puzzle".

Interestingly, if I solve a puzzle that I had already solved, it gets the green colour back - but only as long as I do not open a new puzzle, or open a new tab on the site - because then the green colouring disappears again in the new tabs. The old tabs (in which I solved the puzzle) remains green.

Also the puzzle (suduko, medium) that I solved after this bug came to light (and solved at around 21.40 PM CET) stays marked green.

So, maybe it is marked as a different day internally somewhere. I think the weekly scoreboard gives me the exact number of points for all puzzles I have done from Wednesday 4th of October to present.

Posted on: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Yes, apologies, I was testing some (much) improved code for recomputing the weekly/monthly totals
(which runs every midnight), and I accidentally ran a test on the live site [blink]

All should be ok again after midnight (if the new code works as expected that is.. [mellow] )

Posted on: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 am

all I am getting is a white unsolved designation for which Puzzles Ihavesolved [confused]

Posted on: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:22 am

@ Beaker,
Has it changed with the new day?

For me, everything looks normal. FOR WEDNESDAY.

Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next