Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

difficult Killer Sudoku every day
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=466
Page 1 of 2

Author:  rossiniman  [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:38 am ]
Post subject:  difficult Killer Sudoku every day

My vote for how to improve the site would be to restore a Difficult K-Sudoku every day. Since those came off some days, as well as Difficults in some other categories, I don't think the site is as appealing to all skill levels.

Author:  pnm  [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day

rossiniman wrote:
My vote for how to improve the site would be to restore a Difficult K-Sudoku every day. Since those came off some days, as well as Difficults in some other categories, I don't think the site is as appealing to all skill levels.


(moved this post into a new topic because it was a bit buried on page 22 of the 'any suggestions' thread)

One option could be to re-instate the difficult Killer on Sunday-Wednesday for subscribers.

Author:  frederick  [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Killer for subscribers w-s

good by me

Author:  sjs34  [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day

I would hope that any increase in difficult killer sudokus be done in a way that one is not obligated to achieve points from them to maintain competitive standing. In general I favor development of interesting and difficult calcudokus and deemphasis of killer sudokus. I would be happiest if there were separate competitive standings for the two.

Author:  pnm  [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day

In any case, I'll be moving next week

(London -> Netherlands)

which means no imminent large changes [huh]

Author:  beaker  [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day

If you add the difficult types would you then delete the easy ones as these are challenging for me.......and, I don't often get the solution for the medium ones......you do want to keep the site appealing for ALL skill levels, not just the Mensa type IQ's!! [smile]

Author:  picklepep  [ Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day

I'm glad I don't have to deal with the hard sudokus at the same time as 9x9 patterns.

Author:  jolie  [ Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day

rossiniman wrote:
My vote for how to improve the site would be to restore a Difficult K-Sudoku every day. Since those came off some days, as well as Difficults in some other categories, I don't think the site is as appealing to all skill levels.

I AGREE! They should have Easy Medium and Difficult Killer Sudoku everyday. The EASY ones are Ridiculously Easy.

Author:  pnm  [ Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day

jolie wrote:
I AGREE! They should have Easy Medium and Difficult Killer Sudoku everyday. The EASY ones are Ridiculously Easy.

Maybe then to please the people who will say "but then I have to do a difficult Killer Sudoku every day",
I could split the rankings into Calcudoku, Killer Sudoku, and Sudoku rankings?

Patrick

Author:  bram  [ Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day

sjs34 wrote:
I would hope that any increase in difficult killer sudokus be done in a way that one is not obligated to achieve points from them to maintain competitive standing. In general I favor development of interesting and difficult calcudokus and deemphasis of killer sudokus. I would be happiest if there were separate competitive standings for the two.
I agree entirely. Calcudokus are why I keep coming back to this site. And separate rankings are a great idea.
pnm wrote:
Maybe then to please the people who will say "but then I have to do a difficult Killer Sudoku every day",
I could split the rankings into Calcudoku, Killer Sudoku, and Sudoku rankings?

Patrick
Yes, three separate rankings is the way to go. (And gold stars should be rewarded separately for each category.)

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/