View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 KenKen vs. CalcuDoku 

Posted on: Mon May 14, 2012 5:05 am

Post Re: KenKen vs. CalcuDoku
giulio wrote:
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
Though http://www.321monkey.nl/calcudoku follows a similar design to calcudoku.org

Note that you can go directly to the English version via www.321monkey.com.

I can confirm that the 9x9 puzzles on 321monkey use exactly the same generation code and difficulty range
as the ones on calcudoku.org :-)

Patrick

What's wrong with this forum? I just received a message that something had been posted, and then discovered that the date of this message from Patrick is completely off: 2011-05-12 squeezed between a 2011-11-29 and a 2011-11-03...

giulio, I think you got tripped up by the fact that the "Joined" date is displayed more prominently (IMO) than the date of the post. It's something that bugs me a lot because I always see that date and think it's the date of the post, but it's not. The date of the post is at the bottom--the same place where you saw the 29 Nov and 30 Nov dates.

Posted on: Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 am

Thanks pharosian. You are right. I should read more carefully...

Posted on: Mon May 14, 2012 10:16 am

pharosian wrote:
giulio, I think you got tripped up by the fact that the "Joined" date is displayed more prominently (IMO) than the date of the post. It's something that bugs me a lot because I always see that date and think it's the date of the post, but it's not. The date of the post is at the bottom--the same place where you saw the 29 Nov and 30 Nov dates.

And now you wrote this: it's something that's been bugging me too [cursing]
Time to do something about it [smile]

Update: this should be better now :)

Posted on: Mon May 14, 2012 1:14 pm

This new display format highlights that a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE FORUM message would have been in order a couple of days ago (assuming that pnm was the first one to join.).

Posted on: Mon May 14, 2012 2:22 pm

sjs34 wrote:
This new display format highlights that a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE FORUM message would have been in order a couple of days ago (assuming that pnm was the first one to join.).

An odd message from someone who joined 7 minutes before me :-)

Posted on: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:04 am

Hi Starling, and Skeeter84,

I finally got around to using that print screen option you suggested, and it worked very well. I would never have figured it out myself (didn't even know about the print screen key, although I vaguely remembered that there was some way to print what was on the screen and wished I knew how to do it).

Thanks for the advice. It's really been helpful.

Posted on: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:04 am

Hi again, cecileb. I'm happy to hear that using the print screen button worked well for you. There is also a little printer icon on the main Calcudoku screen - it will turn red when you move your mouse cursor over it. I've never used the printer button myself though, so you may need to adjust the zoom level of your screen to make a given puzzle fit entirely on the screen. The zoom level button is a little magnifying glass with a little blue plus sign inside it - it's found at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It's been nice talking to you guys again and best of luck with your puzzles. [smile]

Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2