View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Extra puzzles 

Posted on: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Post Extra puzzles
Excuse me, Patrick, you certainly have mentioned this, but I don't remember . How many days have we to submit the Extra Puzzles? Is it just as the regular ones ( one day ) ?

Posted on: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Post Re: Extra puzzles
jomapil wrote:
Excuse me, Patrick, you certainly have mentioned this, but I don't remember . How many days have we to submit the Extra Puzzles? Is it just as the regular ones ( one day ) ?

It has that info on the "subscribe" page: you can submit them any time.
And given that you can go back up to 31 days, this means you have
up to 31 days to submit the solution to an extra puzzle.

Posted on: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:22 am

pnm wrote:
It has that info on the "subscribe" page

But the only link to the "subscribe" page is from the sign at the top of the page saying, Do you enjoy this site? Support it by becoming a subscriber!
Once you log in as a subscriber, that sign disappears (along with any other ads) and is replaced by the stylish dark blue subscriber sign, which is how it should be. But it also means that logged-in subscribers aren't offered any link to the page that explains the terms of their subscription and must paradoxically log out in order to see it – or bookmark the page and then look it up in their bookmarks/favourites every time they wish to see it. Either way, this is impractical.
I think there is a very simple fix for this, Patrick: You could make the dark blue subscriber sign, which currently isn't linked to anything, link to the "subscribe" page [smile]

Posted on: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:05 am

bram wrote:
I think there is a very simple fix for this, Patrick: You could make the dark blue subscriber sign, which currently isn't linked to anything, link to the "subscribe" page [smile]

Yes, that is an option.
Or make that another link to the account page (which shows your subscription info),
and put a link to the subscribe page there.

Also, in the rankings the "suscriber" (next to each subscriber) will get you to the subscribe page.

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:02 pm

bram wrote:

That link is now in place, as well as a link on the account page ("Subscriber" links there).

Patrick

Posted on: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:37 am

Great! Thanks a lot! [thumbsup]

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]