View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Features on Page 

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 1:46 am

Post New Features on Page
Am not much of a fan of the new "thumbs up" and "envelope" features on the page of each puzzle as they are taking up space to the side of the puzzle when I print the puzzle (space needed for the possible numbers that might go on one of the horizontal rows of numbers).......any way they can be relocated????

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 2:19 am

Post Re: New Features on Page
beaker wrote:
Am not much of a fan of the new "thumbs up" and "envelope" features on the page of each puzzle as they are taking up space to the side of the puzzle when I print the puzzle (space needed for the possible numbers that might go on one of the horizontal rows of numbers).......any way they can be relocated????

I'm not sure whether it is those features, but something is now causing a horizontal scroll bar to remain on my 1024x600 netbook screen. (It used to go away when you clicked on "remove ad".) This unfortunately means that an 8x8 puzzle doesn't fit on the screen if you select large cell size.

Also, the thumbs up and envelope seem to be placed at the right of the unscrolled screen, so if you scroll right they move towards the middle of the screen. In fact the thumbs up is on top of the remove ad text. Given all that it's probably something else, like the language selection flags at the top of the screen that is causing the page width to be so large. I'm using Firefox FWIW.

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 11:07 am

beaker wrote:

Yes, they should have been removed before printing, this has been fixed now.

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 am

mparisi wrote:
I'm not sure whether it is those features, but something is now causing a horizontal scroll bar to remain on my 1024x600 netbook screen. (It used to go away when you clicked on "remove ad".) This unfortunately means that an 8x8 puzzle doesn't fit on the screen if you select large cell size.

No, this is because of a new fixed width of the page of 1200 pixels.
I'll look into changing this for people with smaller screens (the latest stats show 8-9% of visitors
have a screen that's 1024 pixels wide).

Edit: good thing I have a couple of 1024x600 netbooks here to test with :-)
Screen layout should be better now on small screens.

Patrick

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 12:55 pm

My print feature is now isolating the puzzle far into the upper left quadrant of the page. This makes the numbers almost too small to read, leaves much too little work space within each cell, and leaves much too much workspace outside the puzzle.

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 1:08 pm

sjs34 wrote:
My print feature is now isolating the puzzle far into the upper left quadrant of the page. This makes the numbers almost too small to read, leaves much too little work space within each cell, and leaves much too much workspace outside the puzzle.

Should be better now, let me know.

Patrick

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Much better. Thanks. (A little too little work space outside the puzzle but much better.)

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 pm

sjs34 wrote:
Much better. Thanks. (A little too little work space outside the puzzle but much better.)

Meh, who needs work space anyway [tongue]

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 6:09 pm

pnm wrote:
mparisi wrote:

No, this is because of a new fixed width of the page of 1200 pixels.
I'll look into changing this for people with smaller screens (the latest stats show 8-9% of visitors
have a screen that's 1024 pixels wide).

Edit: good thing I have a couple of 1024x600 netbooks here to test with :-)
Screen layout should be better now on small screens.

Patrick

My screen is 1280x768 and the page with those elements is a few pixels too wide, causing the horizontal scroll bar to appear. Latest Chrome (19.0.1084.46).

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

jake4 wrote:
My screen is 1280x768 and the page with those elements is a few pixels too wide, causing the horizontal scroll bar to appear. Latest Chrome (19.0.1084.46).

Thanks for letting me know, I now notice this is a general thing: my screen is 1920 pixels wide, and the scrollbar appears (!)

Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next