View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Any suggestions? 

Posted on: Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Post Re: Any suggestions?
sheldolina wrote:
Every day except today :P

Quite.
Surreal, that 4x4 time..
I'm thinking of adding something that shows for how long the record stood (how many days),
my guess is that 5.476 will stand for a long time..
Patrick

Posted on: Tue May 31, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm not sure I could get ANY set of 16 numbers in the grid in under 5.5 seconds, let alone the right ones! :shock: Surreal is right!

For what it's worth, I think the current timed scoring/ranking system is great. Your best of 3 goes onto the board, and the others just affect your average. I get a good time once in a while, but I also get some really stinky times, and I'd hate for those to "dilute" my good time on any given day and kill my chances to get anywhere near the top.

I do have a suggestion for the untimed puzzles, though. I use the bold/green to denote numbers I'm certain of. It would be nice to have another color (maybe a paler shade of the same green used with the bolding) to denote the ones where I'm sure of the contents of the cage, but not which order they go in.

Posted on: Tue May 31, 2011 3:12 pm

pharosian wrote:
I do have a suggestion for the untimed puzzles, though. I use the bold/green to denote numbers I'm certain of. It would be nice to have another color (maybe a paler shade of the same green used with the bolding) to denote the ones where I'm sure of the contents of the cage, but not which order they go in.

Nice idea, thanks. Many people have asked for the feature where you can 'pencil in' numbers
(say you press Shift+2 to put a small grey 2 at the bottom of the cell), which is possible, but
will definitely take more time to implement.

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:05 am

Quote:

I do exactly the opposite, green/bold when I'm not certain of the order and white/not so bold when I am. Hence I think a different color for being certain is IMHO already available, pick either white or green when certain and then green or white when uncertain, leave a square blank when clueless ;)

Posted on: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:47 am

pnm wrote:
sheldolina wrote:
Every day except today :P

Quite.
Surreal, that 4x4 time..
I'm thinking of adding something that shows for how long the record stood (how many days),
my guess is that 5.476 will stand for a long time..
Patrick

Yeah, especially with summer hitting; that usually slows my brain down significantly.

That's just ridiculous, though; Like, I thought 6.4 would stand for much longer than it did. I don't think anyone had broken 7 seconds before that other than my two 6.somethings, and then I just got totally jumped.

And I think I understand the Formula 1 racing analogy, though I actually don't know anything about Formula 1 racing(Then again, I don't know anything about NASCAR either, so if NASCAR's the same way, using a slightly Americanized version of the analogy wouldn't help). It seems to make sense, though.

Posted on: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 am

starling wrote:
Yeah, especially with summer hitting; that usually slows my brain down significantly.

What's "summer hitting"? Right now, my excuse for a slow brain is two kids who are sick and waking me up 6 times a night. :|

Posted on: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:03 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
starling wrote:

What's "summer hitting"? Right now, my excuse for a slow brain is two kids who are sick and waking me up 6 times a night. :|

Summer the subject of the participle hitting... As in, since it's summer now, I don't have school presently, which slows me down.

Posted on: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:55 am

pharosian wrote:
I'm not sure I could get ANY set of 16 numbers in the grid in under 5.5 seconds, let alone the right ones! :shock: Surreal is right!

Well, I was kind of surprised myself :P When I'm filling the numbers in I don't look at the time, so I knew it was fast, but I thought it would be 7.5 or something.

Posted on: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:56 pm

starling wrote:
Summer the subject of the participle hitting... As in, since it's summer now, I don't have school presently, which slows me down.

Oh... haha ok. Got it now. I'll also blame that one on the kids. I thought it was an activity like "water skiing", "spring cleaning"..... "summer hitting"... :lol:

Posted on: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:29 am

For the 12 x 12, why not list more than just the first solver, like maybe the first 10 solvers.

Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next