View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:57 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 showing regular, book, and timed points separately 
Author Message

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:21 pm




Posts: 163
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
[biggrin] [cool] :-) [smile] [thumbsup]
THANKS


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:07 pm




Posts: 2194
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
The numbers should be a bit closer to the truth now :-)

but not quite there yet.. [confused]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:21 pm




Posts: 2194
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
It should now also be possible to see separate rankings (both 7 day and all time)
for the regular, book, and timed points... :-)

Scream if your points are off [omg]

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Tue May 01, 2012 8:26 am




Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 am
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
pnm wrote:
It should now also be possible to see separate rankings (both 7 day and all time)
for the regular, book, and timed points... :-)

Scream if your points are off [omg]

Patrick

All seems to be right now.

That said, learning that the current top timed points people don't earn more points than someone who submits a book puzzle every day is a little disappointing.

But then again, my last final exam is tomorrow, and I have the books waiting for me at home, along with more free time than I know what to do with, so I'm going to wait to suggest changing the upper end of timed points scaling until then.


Profile

Posted on: Tue May 01, 2012 10:22 am




Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 10:23 am
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
Today, Sheldolina has 86 timed points and the top book is 84.... [wink]

In my opinion its the book points that are overrated rather than the timed points that are underrated.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 am




Posts: 2194
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
honkhonk wrote:
Today, Sheldolina has 86 timed points and the top book is 84.... [wink]

Ah that disproves starling's point completely :-)
honkhonk wrote:
In my opinion it's the book points that are overrated rather than the timed points that are underrated.

Yes, it doesn't make sense that every puzzle in the "101 Advanced" book (for example) is worth 12 points.
But there you have it, once set (2 years ago?), I can't change it anymore..


Profile

Posted on: Tue May 01, 2012 1:19 pm




Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 am
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
pnm wrote:
honkhonk wrote:
Today, Sheldolina has 86 timed points and the top book is 84.... [wink]

Ah that disproves starling's point completely :-)
honkhonk wrote:
In my opinion it's the book points that are overrated rather than the timed points that are underrated.

Yes, it doesn't make sense that every puzzle in the "101 Advanced" book (for example) is worth 12 points.
But there you have it, once set (2 years ago?), I can't change it anymore..

I should rephrase that point.

If you submit a book puzzle and 3 timed puzzles every day, you score the same number of points as if you place first on every single timed puzzle. Both of them put you at 105 points.


Profile

Posted on: Tue May 01, 2012 7:19 pm




Posts: 690
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
Perhaps an additional "All time (timed puzzles)" ranking would be interesting, in the timed rankings page or even in the regular rankings page.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm




Posts: 2194
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
clm wrote:
Perhaps an additional "All time (timed puzzles)" ranking would be interesting, in the timed rankings page or even in the regular rankings page.

But that's already there, no?


Profile

Posted on: Tue May 01, 2012 7:41 pm




Posts: 690
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: showing regular, book, and timed points separately
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
Perhaps an additional "All time (timed puzzles)" ranking would be interesting, in the timed rankings page or even in the regular rankings page.

But that's already there, no?


Thank you, I had not observed yet the new feature. [thumbsup]


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.