View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 #1 IN THE WORLD 

Posted on: Fri May 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Post Re: #1 IN THE WORLD
picklepep wrote:
[thumbsup] I admit that there are problems with it... tho I still have about 900 pts worth of bk points to catch up to you with

True, you have 900 or so book points left so if you use them up you'll be that much closer to me after which, if I stay faster than you in timed puzzles, you'll get no closer. But who knows... I feel you've been making improvement in the timed puzzles while my times are staying about the same.

beaker wrote:
....but I do want to thank sneaklyfox for her "detective work" and for Patrick who acted upon her discoveries.............Ken

It wasn't really detective work. Just something I kept noticing. It's Patrick who had to be the detective/judge/executioner.

clm wrote:
I will be very please in having you besides me next April, 2013 (if the world continues after 2012 ... [biggrin] [biggrin]). Perhaps other good sprinters can join us, then we can have a break, leave the bicycles, have a coffee, rest a little and discuss how can we catch mparisi [thumbsup]. For the moment, let's enjoy the landscape.

Now that I'm #3 in the world all of a sudden, it feels nice. As for catching mparisi, I say we find a way to destroy his internet connection! I wonder if that could ever happen to him... internet going down. It actually did to me a week or two back which was the only other day besides going to the hospital this year I didn't do my puzzles.

danvijan wrote:
That is if you are able to do ALL the puzzles. I am speaking from my own experience, as I was unable to do 2 or 3 single op modulo puzzles (and gave up on them...) and the last few of the patterned large calcudokus, which I intend to try again some day [confused] .

I assume that picklepep will do all the puzzles. But I do remember at least one modulo puzzle that was ridiculously hard. I wonder if we would agree on the same one. I forget which one though.

pnm wrote:
Yes, removed from the rankings because of too many tricks.
I don't know if the mother/son thing is a story.

I do know that it wasn't a script error, but that they found a way to submit each other's bonus puzzles
(if you know a bit about web programming this was a fairly easy hack).

Maybe Jackie/sagearrow needed two accounts in order to submit the other's bonus puzzles. But what's the point of going through all that just to get 40 points more a week? Oh well... I guess it's like that with criminal activity... you do something illegal with easy gain until you get your wrist slapped and realize that it really wasn't worth it.

Posted on: Sat May 19, 2012 1:32 am

Way to jinx my times Sneaky!

Posted on: Sat May 19, 2012 4:53 pm

picklepep wrote:
Way to jinx my times Sneaky!

Don't worry... I did rather poorly too.

Posted on: Sun May 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Maybe a bit off topic:

Why not introduce a 'Last Year'/'Last 365 days' ranking?

This ranking could replace the 'Consecutive days' ranking since IMHO this contains no very interesting date. A 'Last year'
ranking is more competitive than the ' All Time' ranking and can give new puzzlers a shot at a top ten place.

Posted on: Sun May 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Good pt. honk.. Also, all time pts. leader rankings are also minimal value because they just suggest those that have found this site at its early stage. Those that came aboard early and hang in can't help but to accumulate large all time totals!

Posted on: Sun May 20, 2012 9:11 pm

I'd like to see points per days member.

Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3