View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 what to change 

Posted on: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Post Re: what to change
I thought you had already done so by changing the Tuesday's 9x9 to a 9x9 twin [smile]

Posted on: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:03 am

beaker wrote:
I thought you had already done so by changing the Tuesday's 9x9 to a 9x9 twin [smile]

That was only an idea (as was everything in that hand-drawn schedule), nothing's been changed yet.

Posted on: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 pm

pnm wrote:
bscott600 wrote:
I also am going to miss the big twins since the bonuses are much more spaced out.

The solution for this could be to replace
one of the regular large puzzles with
a weekly large twin. What size should it be?

Patrick

Don't believe I've seen a 9x9 twin. The 8x8s are nice - like they're just hard enough for my poor brain. I get the 9x9's normally about 1 in 3 or so.

Of course, my work productivity could only be helped by the site going offline... [blush]

Posted on: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:26 am

I just realised that I am one year late on this topic. I'm only writing because I saw for the first time that the 9x9 was missing, and looked for an explanation... For months, I had only been solving the 9x9s and the bonus puzzles. The "thinning out" of the 9x9s is for me a dramatic change, as are the increased jumps in points between bonuses. The Tuesday 9x9s were a great challenge, although I am convinced that some of them were impossible to solve without guessing. As an evolution of the older Sudoku, the 9x9 CalcuDoku seems to me a must.

Sorry... Just venting out my disappointment...

Posted on: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:11 am

giulio wrote:
I just realised that I am one year late on this topic

Not really, the previous post is about a week old.
giulio wrote:
I'm only writing because I saw for the first time that the 9x9 was missing, and looked for an explanation... For months, I had only been solving the 9x9s and the bonus puzzles. The "thinning out" of the 9x9s is for me a dramatic change, as are the increased jumps in points between bonuses

Every change pleases some people, and displeases others [sad]

Look at it this way: I really like a particular type of chocolate biscuits,
but I don't always buy them, just to enjoy them more when I do :-)

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:06 pm

pnm wrote:
giulio wrote:
I just realised that I am one year late on this topic

Not really, the previous post is about a week old.

MMmmm... Somebody should change his clock...
pnm wrote:
giulio wrote:
I'm only writing because I saw for the first time that the 9x9 was missing, and looked for an explanation... For months, I had only been solving the 9x9s and the bonus puzzles. The "thinning out" of the 9x9s is for me a dramatic change, as are the increased jumps in points between bonuses

Every change pleases some people, and displeases others [sad]

Yes, of course. Still...
pnm wrote:
Look at it this way: I really like a particular type of chocolate biscuits,
but I don't always buy them, just to enjoy them more when I do :-)
Patrick

The question is: as you no longer post 9x9s on Tuesday, will you post patterned 9x9s on some other day?

Posted on: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:48 pm

giulio wrote:
The question is: as you no longer post 9x9s on Tuesday, will you post patterned 9x9s on some other day?

No, 9x9 patterned puzzles are still on Tuesday, and are not going anywhere.. [cool]

Posted on: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 pm

rickt wrote:
Interesting stats Patrick - Just my observation from my starting point last March would be that there are currently more great puzzles solvers than when I began here. I am surprised that your stats show a downward trend. Competition is very keen at the top of the leaderboard with many daily 100% puzzle solvers especially since the subscriptions started in June. Right now its just a matter of daily jockeying for position to attain the top of the leaderboard based on usage of banked extra puzzles and other slight tweaks. There should be a better way to do this. Personally, I have come close to reaching the burnout factor as I am spending too much time on this and my wife laughs at me! [biggrin] So I plan to reach a nice round total points number here in a few weeks and then see if I can cure my addiction, cold turkey..Will still check in from time to time to keep sharp but no longer accrue any total points beyond 20,000..

Well just checking in to say that life is great after reaching 20K pts. and stopping cold turkey. Upon reflection, I can't believe I wasted so much time devoted to solving all these puzzles. Guess it can suck you in if you let it. One puzzle every few days or so is fun now and not obligated to feel I have to solve em all to stay competitive. Some of you out there should try this and find other things to do with the time you spend every day on this site [biggrin] You might surprise yourself.. Happy Holidays !!!

Posted on: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:48 pm

rickt wrote:
Some of you out there should try this and find other things to do with the time you spend every day on this site [biggrin] You might surprise yourself.. Happy Holidays !!!

Don't do it I say! Don't listen to him!! [scared]

:-)

Posted on: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Don't worry, most of us appreciate the finer artistic qualities of the puzzles ... or we're hopelessly hooked! Or both. [biggrin]

Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next