Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

average, t5?
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=349
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bscott600  [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  average, t5?

Just curious; I'm seeing this text near the top of the page:

"You have 7106 Points (45 today) (average star rating: 2) (t5 28)"

(okay, I had a pretty good day today, for me anyway, and I'm half-bragging [biggrin] )

So what's up with the average star and the cool t5 28 bit?

If I'm being nosy, tell me to step off...

(Edit for spelling...sigh...)

Author:  pnm  [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: average, t5?

bscott600 wrote:
Just curious; I'm seeing this text near the top of the page:

"You have 7106 Points (45 today) (average star rating: 2) (t5 28)"

(okay, I had a pretty good day today, for me anyway, and I'm half-bragging [biggrin] )

So what's up with the average star and the cool t5 28 bit?

If I'm being nosy, tell me to step off...

step off!! [cursing]

Only kidding [tongue] : average star rating is what you think it is.

t5 you may be able to guess too: it's the total number of points of the 5 highest scoring puzzles you solved today.

Author:  beaker  [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: average, t5?

I guess I'm not as quick as others as I don't get the star rating. Also, these numbers are obliterated by the flags at top center/right on my site.

Author:  pnm  [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: average, t5?

beaker wrote:
I guess I'm not as quick as others as I don't get the star rating. Also, these numbers are obliterated by the flags at top center/right on my site.

Ah, annoying, that must be a difference because of a different browser,
I'll take a look...

Author:  pnm  [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: average, t5?

pnm wrote:
beaker wrote:
I guess I'm not as quick as others as I don't get the star rating. Also, these numbers are obliterated by the flags at top center/right on my site.

Ah, annoying, that must be a difference because of a different browser,
I'll take a look...

Hm, I checked using the last two browsers you used: Internet Explorer (or "Internet Exploder" as it
is known among web developers) 8 on Windows XP, and Chrome on Linux, and both don't show
that layout problem (?)

Admittedly, I was using Chrome 21, and I see you were using Chrome 18 (was the problem with Chrome 18?)

Patrick

Author:  beaker  [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: average, t5?

Patrick: noy sure what you did but flags did not block numbers when I logged on but after input of puzzle solutions and checking on "unread posts", flags once again are blocking numbers.......as far as what system I am using......do NOT have a clue!!! (and probably never will even after someone explains it to me!) [confused] (you need one of those faces to say "perplexed")

Logged out and back in again and now numbers are visible once again and I have a star rating of 2.3 whatever that means?? Today (Friday) is "2.7"??

Numbers are always visible when I shrink the page to 75%.......Ken

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/