Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

New Banner?
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=668
Page 3 of 3

Author:  pnm  [ Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Banner?

jaek wrote:
I'm on a PC using Chrome and it still appears too high.

This is turning into a long thread... [glare]

What I meant was that (if things are as I think they are), then even when the
calendar is over/near the top menus, you're still able to use it as before.

Author:  bram  [ Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Banner?

pnm wrote:
This is turning into a long thread... [glare]

What I meant was that (if things are as I think they are), then even when the
calendar is over/near the top menus, you're still able to use it as before.

Which is fine because you only use the calendar very temporarily to navigate to the desired date('s puzzles). Thanks for having fixed that small bug. [smile] Which I actually regret not having posted to the "Bugs and Errors" section so as not to clutter this important discussion about the new design. [blush]

Speaking of which, I like it better every time I return to this site. [woot] The big bar of deep blue and green may be a bit distracting at first (as pointed out by sheldolina), but once you get used to it it somehow lets the eyes rest and gives the main page a more structured feel than when the contents (buttons etc.) seemed to be floating in a sea of white.

I particularly appreciate that you didn't adopt the ("modern"/Metro/"flat") tablet-oriented design known from Windows 8 etc. I view calcudoku.org almost entirely on a desktop monitor, once in a while on a laptop, and never on a tablet or smartphone. With the new design it still looks like a "real" webpage rather than having that annoying "appy" look. [thumbup] That being said, I suspect that the new design also looks great on tablets, smartphones etc. If that is true, then you have somehow managed to square the circle :-)

Author:  pnm  [ Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Banner?

bram wrote:
Speaking of which, I like it better every time I return to this site. [woot] The big bar of deep blue and green may be a bit distracting at first (as pointed out by sheldolina), but once you get used to it it somehow lets the eyes rest and gives the main page a more structured feel than when the contents (buttons etc.) seemed to be floating in a sea of white.

Thanks [biggrin]

And later I may put in a couple of colour sets to choose from.

The overall goal is to give the site a more professional and less "messy" look (and as you can
see I'm working from the top down, next up is the "puzzle selector" ..)

Author:  pharosian  [ Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Banner?

I like the new look and feel of the site... but how do I change the size of the puzzles? I used to switch between sizes on the 15x15 because I couldn't see the whole thing on "large," but medium was too small to have the numbers look really nice. Now I don't see any controls to change this.

Author:  pnm  [ Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Banner?

pharosian wrote:
I like the new look and feel of the site... but how do I change the size of the puzzles? I used to switch between sizes on the 15x15 because I couldn't see the whole thing on "large," but medium was too small to have the numbers look really nice. Now I don't see any controls to change this.

There should be a gear icon on the right hand side of the grey bar below the puzzle.

Hovering over that (or tapping on iPad) should bring up a menu with some settings options
that were previously always visible.

Patrick

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/