View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:12 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Congratulations to clm 

Posted on: Fri May 22, 2015 12:01 am

Post Re: Congratulations to clm
Congratulations to CLM

THAT is an amazing milestone.

Posted on: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:23 pm

pnm wrote:
bram wrote:
I suggest EPIC: Exalted Professor and Instructor of Calcudoku [thumbsup]

Extreme Puzzler, Insanity Certified

Insanity Certified, that's the proper definition, Patrick.

I know that probably I should not comment this (it could look like pretentious, I apologize fot that, that's not my intention and I am not looking for any congrats either), simply I am very glad [smile] (and consequently I want to share my happiness with the wide circle of friends I have made in this "house" along the time) because today I have finally completed a "five year" gold star period (1829 consecutive days puzzling and getting the gold star). After a trip to Portugal on April 11, 2011, I started this cycle on April 12, 2011, and I know I have sent all solutions (including KS and Sudokus) though there is not an official statistic.

Not sure about the next goal (2000?) and not sure how much time myself or you, friends, could stay in this wonderful (international) club, but in a date like this I cann't avoid reminding specially the friends "lost" in the way: sneaklyfox, piclepep, starling, jomapil, giulio and many others.

Looking everyday for the appropriate "window" to send the solutions require some obsessive effort, today I want to share mine with the many other players that fight everyday against this insane and "Certified" obsession, those from whom I have been learning a lot, and not only about Calcudokus. Thanks to everyone for being here.

Posted on: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:14 pm

clm wrote:
pnm wrote:
bram wrote:
I suggest EPIC: Exalted Professor and Instructor of Calcudoku [thumbsup]

Extreme Puzzler, Insanity Certified

Insanity Certified, that's the proper definition, Patrick.

I know that probably I should not comment this (it could look like pretentious, I apologize fot that, that's not my intention and I am not looking for any congrats either), simply I am very glad [smile] (and consequently I want to share my happiness with the wide circle of friends I have made in this "house" along the time) because today I have finally completed a "five year" gold star period (1829 consecutive days puzzling and getting the gold star). After a trip to Portugal on April 11, 2011, I started this cycle on April 12, 2011, and I know I have sent all solutions (including KS and Sudokus) though there is not an official statistic.

Not sure about the next goal (2000?) and not sure how much time myself or you, friends, could stay in this wonderful (international) club, but in a date like this I cann't avoid reminding specially the friends "lost" in the way: sneaklyfox, piclepep, starling, jomapil, giulio and many others.

Looking everyday for the appropriate "window" to send the solutions require some obsessive effort, today I want to share mine with the many other players that fight everyday against this insane and "Certified" obsession, those from whom I have been learning a lot, and not only about Calcudokus. Thanks to everyone for being here.

Here's to you, Exalted Professor!

I don't know what any of us have taught you, but I know that you've enriched this community more than anyone (other than Patrick, for obvious reasons) with your ever generous insights.

Congratulations on this impressive milestone and I hope to congratulate you again on Oct 2, 2016 when you hit 2000.

Posted on: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:10 pm

clm wrote:
because today I have finally completed a "five year" gold star period (1829 consecutive days puzzling and getting the gold star). After a trip to Portugal on April 11, 2011, I started this cycle on April 12, 2011, and I know I have sent all solutions (including KS and Sudokus) though there is not an official statistic.
Not sure about the next goal (2000?)

_amazing_ achievement [thumbsup]

How do you get 1829 though?

(5 x 365 = 1825, + 2 for leap years?)

Posted on: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks for your congratulations, jaek, very appreciated coming from someone who is among the best and constantly progressing both in regular and timed puzzles.

And thank you, Patrick:

You underline an interesting point, I noticed that, since I made the same calculation (considering 2012 and 2016), but it's what "My history" is showing today: "Number of consecutive days solving puzzles: 1829", so I based the result on your software :-) :-), and by the way I have exactly the same question :-).

I started on April 12, 2011, that's sure and it's visible on the 2011 history (in fact, the 5 years period ended yesterday after sending all solutions), so: 264 days in 2011 (excluding the first 101) + 366 + 365 + 365 + 365 + 103 (including today) = 1828. The thing is that I have always suspected that the "Number of consecutive days ... " is off by +1 [smile] .

Posted on: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:51 pm

clm wrote:
but it's what "My history" is showing today: "Number of consecutive days solving puzzles: 1829", so I based the result on your software :-) :-), and by the way I have exactly the same question :-).

It may be something like the daily update script twice (partially) failing to run in that period,
after which I had to rerun it.

One of the steps in it is to add 1 to the number of consecutive days.

Maybe a recalibration is in order [huh]

Posted on: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:10 pm

clm wrote:
I am very glad [smile] (and consequently I want to share my happiness with the wide circle of friends I have made in this "house" along the time) because today I have finally completed a "five year" gold star period (1829 consecutive days puzzling and getting the gold star). After a trip to Portugal on April 11, 2011, I started this cycle on April 12, 2011, and I know I have sent all solutions (including KS and Sudokus) though there is not an official statistic.

Five years of consecutive ***gold stars***! [woot]
clm, Tenacity is now officially your middle name! [thumbsup]

Posted on: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:15 pm

As one of those who seldom gets a gold star, this is truly mind boggling......congratulations clm

Posted on: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:04 pm

bram wrote:
clm wrote:
I am very glad [smile] (and consequently I want to share my happiness with the wide circle of friends I have made in this "house" along the time) because today I have finally completed a "five year" gold star period (1829 consecutive days puzzling and getting the gold star). After a trip to Portugal on April 11, 2011, I started this cycle on April 12, 2011, and I know I have sent all solutions (including KS and Sudokus) though there is not an official statistic.

Five years of consecutive ***gold stars***! [woot]
clm, Tenacity is now officially your middle name! [thumbsup]

Thank you, bram, for your congrats, you always so kind. And well defined, I must fight with tenacity against my natural tendency to feel lazy, many times one must sacrifice a good film in TV, etc., to complete the daily task.

beaker wrote:
As one of those who seldom gets a gold star, this is truly mind boggling......congratulations clm

Thanks, beaker, but actually the gold star is a little easier since the total number of daily Calcudokus has decreased, you probably remember "Once upon a time ... " when we had three 7x7's, 8x8's, ... (easy, medium and difficult), until Patrick removed part of the heavy load, and certainly we all have gained a lot of practice and are more expert doing the 12x12's, 15x15's, parity, exponentiation, mods, ... .

Posted on: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:05 pm

I also send my congratulations to the always gracious and elegant completistest of all completists.

Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next