Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

epic race
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=711
Page 1 of 2

Author:  panther  [ Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:42 am ]
Post subject:  epic race

as you all know there has been an epic race to 81,000 pts. and I can now claim to be the winner.

Author:  eclipsegirl  [ Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

Congrats Panther.
It takes a lot of persistence and determination to get there

Author:  jaek  [ Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

panther wrote:
as you all know there has been an epic race to 81,000 pts. and I can now claim to be the winner.

Panther,
Many congratulations!!
(And I'm sorry I haven't checked the forums in the last few days, it's just that I was too busy in my fruitless chase.)
Best,
Jaek

Author:  panther  [ Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

Perhaps my attempt at levity was a little misguided. When I passed Picklepep at 80016 to take over the number 4 spot, it was a hollow milestone because piklepep has not been active for some time. I also knew Jaek was quickly gaining on me and for me, the number 4 spot was going to be a short time position. When Jaek did pass me , our scores were slightly over 81000. Since number 4 is as high as I will ever get, I thought I would use that event to congratulate jaek ; in my own way of coarse!

Author:  beaker  [ Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

"Epic Race" is in the world standings near the 98,000 (closing in on 100,000)........I need a younger brain to stay ahead of the users charging up the "points ladder".........I do hope to get to THE milestone by mid September but know that bertoldo and agnostico will beat me to THE number and possibly bram and nicow as well........oh well, such is life!!

Author:  jaek  [ Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

panther wrote:
Perhaps my attempt at levity was a little misguided. When I passed Picklepep at 80016 to take over the number 4 spot, it was a hollow milestone because piklepep has not been active for some time. I also knew Jaek was quickly gaining on me and for me, the number 4 spot was going to be a short time position. When Jaek did pass me , our scores were slightly over 81000. Since number 4 is as high as I will ever get, I thought I would use that event to congratulate jaek ; in my own way of coarse!

I confess I didn't get it. But with this explanation I see that it was, in fact, pretty clever. Well done.

Author:  sjs34  [ Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

"As high as I will ever get???!!!" Panther, maintain hope. Persistence pays. I am world #3 all time. I should properly be #10 but picklepep, danvijan and sneaklyfox dropped out, fuzzystat and nicow never subscribed and fzpowerman47 and nika99 lowered participation.

Author:  jaco  [ Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

I always thought the race was to 83000 points, so as far as I'm concerned no one has won yet

Author:  beaker  [ Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

sjs34 wrote:
"As high as I will ever get???!!!" Panther, maintain hope. Persistence pays. I am world #3 all time. I should properly be #10 but picklepep, danvijan and sneaklyfox dropped out, fuzzystat and nicow never subscribed and fzpowerman47 and nika99 lowered participation.


And I thank my "lucky stars" that the above happened or else I would not be anywhere near the spot I am in (#10).......slowly accumulating points since 2010.......perseverance has "paid off" [smile] !!

Author:  bram  [ Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: epic race

Another milestone (sort of): Those who have subscribed since subscriptions were introduced around 1 June 2012 and who have solved all extra puzzles since then (including the Sunday no-op puzzles) may reach 10,000 "extra" points on the same day, about five weeks from now: Extra points, World (click on "All Time" between the two yellow bars).

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/