View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 No-op twins 

Posted on: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Post No-op twins
I have never understood why it is necessary to enter operations on no-op solutions since the number solutions are unique and sufficient and the operation solutions are not unique. It is even more tedious to have to enter operations on both twins of a solution. I like no-op twins, though.

Posted on: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Post Re: No-op twins
sjs34 wrote:
I have never understood why it is necessary to enter operations on no-op solutions since the number solutions are unique and sufficient and the operation solutions are not unique. It is even more tedious to have to enter operations on both twins of a solution. I like no-op twins, though.

This has been a discussion on the forum a while back, but I can't seem to find the thread :-|

Posted on: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:38 pm

pnm wrote:
This has been a discussion on the forum a while back, but I can't seem to find the thread :-|

That's because it's not a separate thread but part of the more general thread "testing no-op puzzles", which you started just after introducing no-ops to calcudoku.org. For anyone who wants to read just the specific discussion, I think it's most convenient to start with *ahem* my post (which quotes an earlier post by sjs34) and read on from there [smile]

Posted on: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 pm

In the 121 Advanced Puzzles Vol. II, there are two no-op twins from zero [blink] in the "Variations" Chapter.

(I already solved them, but they were awesome [smile] )

PS: I actually just got a No-op bonus puzzle, and I was kind of annoyed that I had to fill in the operators to finish the puzzle, because it was kind of unnecessary. I mean, it doesn't matter when submitting no-op book puzzles, so why have it online?

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]