View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 number of puzzlers 

Posted on: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:13 am

Post number of puzzlers
Am curious to know how many puzzlers (in total...ie: past +present) use this site?

Posted on: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Post Re: number of puzzlers
beaker wrote:
Am curious to know how many puzzlers (in total...ie: past +present) use this site?

The world rankings tables show that ~800 unique accounts solved a puzzle in the last week. Several of these only have very minimal points, but more than 500 are averaging at least 10 points/day which means multiple puzzles or at least one harder puzzle.

For the last month there are almost 1000 unique accounts listed. Again ~500 average 10 pts/day.

All time there are more than 6300 accounts listed.

Of course some of these could be - almost certainly are - held by the same person, but I'm not sure how you can filter for that...

But I think you may have a more specific question in mind? People who solved puzzles but never registered? I imagine that would be rather hard to determine uniqueness. I know that I solved puzzles from at least three IP addresses before I ever registered, for instance. I know someone who (not being points-driven) doesn't have an account, but I'm pretty sure she's solved in Germany, Spain, and at least two of the United States.

And then, between the probable usefulness of the data and knowing there have been multiple server/provider changes, a lot of that info is likely lost.

I feel like that wasn't very helpful, but in keeping with the mores of internet forums everywhere, I'll post it anyway.

Posted on: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Post Re: number of puzzlers
The curiosity stemmed from the world rankings........ie: if I was ranked 36 over the past 30 days, I wanted to "know" if that was "good or not" OR 63 over the past 7 days?? [huh]

Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]