View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Reminder re outstanding puzzles 

Posted on: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 am

Post Reminder re outstanding puzzles
I'm feeling very frustrated right now. I was at a wedding at the weekend and didn't have a lot of time to solve puzzles. So I parked Sunday's 12x12. Then I remembered shortly after 11:30 pm CET that I might not have solved it and checked to see whether I has and discovered that I hadn't even started it. So I did it as quickly as possible, but it was 2 minutes past midnight CET when I completed it and I therefore scored no points for it.

Posted on: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 am

Post Re: Reminder re outstanding puzzles
Others have asked for some type of list of uncompleted puzzles that are still worth points.

If it is with included in the Extra Puzzles list, there should be a way to differentiate between a 12 x 12 , a Tues 9 x 9 or the Friday KS, and the Extras puzzles.

If I recall, Sunday's 12 x 12 was not one that I worked through the first time.

You have my sympathy.

Posted on: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks eclipsegirl. I guess I shoukd be satisfied that I managed to solve the puzzle, but I've become somewhat obsessive about picking up all the points on offer. There are only four puzzles per week with extended deadlines, so it should be easy enough to set up my own reminder system. I guess I'm just being lazy asking Patrick to do it for me.

Posted on: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:56 pm

I am not sure you are being lazy. I think many of us have trained ourselves to work all the puzzles, every day. It may not stick with us that we have did not finish a specific (non Extra) puzzle.

There are times with are busy with Real life. Our attention is not on the daily things we do but the special events.

I hope you enjoyed yourself at the wedding.

Posted on: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:28 pm

eclipsegirl wrote:
I am not sure you are being lazy. I think many of us have trained ourselves to work all the puzzles, every day. It may not stick with us that we have did not finish a specific (non Extra) puzzle.

There are times with are busy with Real life. Our attention is not on the daily things we do but the special events.

I hope you enjoyed yourself at the wedding.

Thanks eclipsegirl. The wedding went well thanks.

I have further distraction coming up next weekend. My daughter is getting married next Saturday and we're spending three days down at the wedding venue in the West of Ireland. I don't imagine I'll have much time for working on book puzzles, let alone the daily online ones.

Finalising my 'father of the bride' speech is my most immediate priority this weekend.

Posted on: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Real life is more important than puzzles [scared]

Enjoy yourself, enjoy the family, enjoy the wedding.

[thumbsup]

Last edited by eclipsegirl on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 am

paulv66 wrote:

Thanks eclipsegirl. The wedding went well thanks.

I have further distraction coming up next weekend. My daughter is getting married next Saturday and we're spending three days down at the wedding venue in the West of Ireland. I don't imagine I'll have much time for working on book puzzles, let alone the daily online ones.

Finalising my 'father of the bride' speech is my most immediate priority this weekend.

Many congratulations !!! for the wedding of your daughter and a lot of happiness for the future for the whole family (your grandsons will be Calcudokers). And good luck with the speech, this is much more difficult than the 9x9 on Tuesdays [smile].

Posted on: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:01 pm

paulv66 wrote:

"Life... is a puzzle. Specifically, life is a number puzzle similar to those found daily at www.calcudoku.org. And if you want more out of life, subscriptions may be purchased at reasonable rates. But I digress.

"Life is a puzzle. At times daunting, at times rewarding, but there is no greater joy than finding the exact two numbers to fit perfectly together in an exquisite union completely supported and confirmed by the other numbers around them. Charlotte, Michael, you are the 7 and 8 of a two-cell bit-wise OR 15 in a 8x8 puzzle the likes of which you can find every Tuesday at www.calcudoku.org.

"Again, that's www.calcudoku.org. To the bride and groom!"

Paul, as long as your daughter's name is Charlotte and her intended is named Michael then this may be all the speech you need. And even if those aren't there names, congratulations to you, more congratulation to the two of them, and enjoy every minute of the coming weekend. once more in earnest, to the betrothed!

Posted on: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:26 pm

jaek wrote:
"Life... is a puzzle. Specifically, life is a number puzzle similar to those found daily at http://www.calcudoku.org. And if you want more out of life, subscriptions may be purchased at reasonable rates. But I digress.

"Life is a puzzle. At times daunting, at times rewarding, but there is no greater joy than finding the exact two numbers to fit perfectly together in an exquisite union completely supported and confirmed by the other numbers around them. Charlotte, Michael, you are the 7 and 8 of a two-cell bit-wise OR 15 in a 8x8 puzzle the likes of which you can find every Tuesday at http://www.calcudoku.org.

Clearly jaek is a speechwriter !

Posted on: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Thanks folks. I can imagine the confusion if I used jaek's speech! I expect they would all think I'd had too much to drink!

Anyway, I managed to complete today's 9x9, but still haven't finalised my speech! Not sure what this says about my priorities!

Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next