View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Calcudoku helpers 

Posted on: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:56 am

Post Calcudoku helpers
Hello,
Does anyone know of online helpers for solving Calcudoku puzzles? I'm not looking for a solver, but just some small helpers for certain tasks.
One such task would be figuring out which numbers go into a multiplication. While it's pretty easy to figure out 2x or 15x or even 45x, it starts getting messy with larger numbers. Something to tell me all the possible combinations for a 864x with 5 numbers would be a good help, and at the same time it wouldn't give too much away.
Similar helpers for other operations would also be useful.

Any ideas?

Posted on: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Post Re: Calcudoku helpers
fb_7904 wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone know of online helpers for solving Calcudoku puzzles? I'm not looking for a solver, but just some small helpers for certain tasks.
One such task would be figuring out which numbers go into a multiplication. While it's pretty easy to figure out 2x or 15x or even 45x, it starts getting messy with larger numbers. Something to tell me all the possible combinations for a 864x with 5 numbers would be a good help, and at the same time it wouldn't give too much away.

Any ideas?

Perhaps you may download and find useful the program developed by jomapil (Portugal) (see the topic "A free auxiliary program" in the Section "Calcudoku general"); this application also contains the other operations.

Posted on: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks, saw that now.
Apart from that one, is there any web-based app like that?

Posted on: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 am

here is one i have used (only works up to 9x9)
http://www.djape.net/sudoku/wp/2008/05/ ... alculator/

Posted on: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Wow [thumbsup] .....just tried this site......should help with my nemesis which is the Tuesday 9x9 puzzle.....have only completed about 3 in the past year.....thank you very much [thumbsup]

Posted on: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 am

Perhaps the author (if he wants the challenge) could produce a better version ? add power and mod, up to 12 numbers and negative numbers?
I do find the calculations being inserted into an editable text box to be handy (you can easily delete any incorrect sums and also work on 2-3 sums in the same box)

Posted on: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:23 am

Just used the above site for the difficult 6x6 today (as I am suffering from some type of intestinal flu and can't concentrate well enough) and found it helpful in doing the multiple celled cages for the multiplication tasks.

Posted on: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:28 pm

fb_7904 wrote:
Hello,

Any ideas?

I find that a calculator works pretty well. My desk top calc shows me which divisors I used.
I think that is a pretty standard function.

Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]