View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:18 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bitwise OR' | 

Posted on: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:27 am

Post Bitwise OR' |
Hi, I'm new at this, can someone explain me what this means appearing in some CalcuDoku "this puzzle also uses the operator 'bitwise OR' | '.
Someone could help me solve it?

Thank you!

Posted on: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:59 am

Post Re: Bitwise OR' |
taburona82 wrote:
Hi, I'm new at this, can someone explain me what this means appearing in some CalcuDoku "this puzzle also uses the operator 'bitwise OR' | '.

Thank you!

clm has posted on MOD and bit wise OR quite comprehensively. You could look through the solving strategies board for a thread he started called 'tables' or something like that.

By the way, all of clm's posts are quite informative if you want to improve you abilities.

Posted on: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 pm

jaek wrote:
taburona82 wrote:

Thank you!

clm has posted on MOD and bit wise OR quite comprehensively. You could look through the solving strategies board for a thread he started called 'tables' or something like that.

By the way, all of clm's posts are quite informative if you want to improve you abilities.

Thanks, jaek, for your kind reference to my posts, I am particularly happy with 'Full tables: "mod function" and "bitwise OR" (in the 8x8s)' with more than 9700 visits to the moment what, in some way, shows its usefulness to the new puzzlers.

Hi, taburona82, welcome, it's nice to have a new gentle lady in this "club". I have sent a post in the Spanish Forum with respect to your question. If, after reading the "Full tables ... ", you are still having doubts, do not hesitate in exposing them here in the Forum (better in English), many puzzlers can cooperate to clarify them. Unfortunately I have not so much time to translate all posts, apologize, so that one is in English only, anyway some time ago I decided to send them in English (there are around 1400 puzzlers only in USA), since it's worldwide understood and I observed many more visits and replies.

Posted on: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi!! I´m going to read the article you have told me, if I have questions, I ask you again.
Thanks

Posted on: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 pm

My advice is that when you find them that you run off a copy of each and then refer to it each week......I myself still do not understand the "bit wise" puzzle but with clm's tables I have been able to solve many of them and with repeated use the concept will become a less daunting task [smile]

I would also suggest printing a copy of "skeeter 84"'s exponents table to help with those types of puzzles!

Posted on: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:42 am

I hate to burst your bubble, but I deleted my 2 and 3-digit exponentiation tables a while back. The exponentiation puzzle supposedly became the extra puzzle; I have no access to it since I'm a non-subscriber. I therefore no longer saw a *need* for my tables, and so I got rid of them.

Posted on: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:09 am

Too bad for the new puzzlers and any one who didn't run off a copy.....I do refer to it when any exponents appear.....many thanks [thumbup] .

Posted on: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:19 pm

d

Last edited by frederick on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:52 pm

skeeter84 wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but I deleted my 2 and 3-digit exponentiation tables a while back. The exponentiation puzzle supposedly became the extra puzzle; I have no access to it since I'm a non-subscriber. I therefore no longer saw a *need* for my tables, and so I got rid of them.

Would it be ok with you if I reposted your table [smile]

Posted on: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:39 am

opacitaviola wrote:
skeeter84 wrote:

Would it be ok with you if I reposted your table [smile]

Yes, you have my permission to do so.

Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next