View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:02 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bitwise OR' | 

Posted on: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Post Re: Bitwise OR' |
beaker wrote:
My advice is that when you find them that you run off a copy of each and then refer to it each week......I myself still do not understand the "bit wise" puzzle but with clm's tables I have been able to solve many of them and with repeated use the concept will become a less daunting task [smile]

I would also suggest printing a copy of "skeeter 84"'s exponents table to help with those types of puzzles!

Hey beaker:
Tables are now reposted

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=557

Posted on: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 pm

skeeter84 wrote:
opacitaviola wrote:
skeeter84 wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but I deleted my 2 and 3-digit exponentiation tables a while back. The exponentiation puzzle supposedly became the extra puzzle; I have no access to it since I'm a non-subscriber. I therefore no longer saw a *need* for my tables, and so I got rid of them.

Would it be ok with you if I reposted your table [smile]

Yes, you have my permission to do so.

Thanks

Posted on: Tue May 07, 2019 4:09 am

Today's bitwise puzzle I found WAS A PUZZLE........after many attempts with different combinations from "bitwise table"
a complete guessing game I finally got the right combinations [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Posted on: Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 pm

I agree.
The puzzle was more challenging than usual.

Posted on: Fri May 10, 2019 3:37 am

The key to solving this puzzle is to find cross pairs, if you work on looking for cross pairs the puzzle can be solved reasonably easily.
I don't know if cross pairs is the correct name to use, as an example of what I mean by a 'cross pair' in this puzzle cage a1(8:)=1&8 and cage h1(10|)=2&8, so rows 1 and 2 have 8 as a cross pair and no other cell can have a value of 8 in rows 1 and 2.
Sometimes cross pairs are obvious, but other times they can hide. It is worth the extra effort to find the cross pairs, they can make a big difference.

So my steps for solving this puzzle (without going into much detail) are:

Look at column c, (a lot can be done in this column).
Consider cage d4(3-), with reference to adjacent cells.
Then just do all the basics while remembering to look for cross pairs.

Posted on: Sun May 12, 2019 8:22 pm

michaele wrote:
The key to solving this puzzle is to find cross pairs, if you work on looking for cross pairs the puzzle can be solved reasonably easily.
I don't know if cross pairs is the correct name to use, as an example of what I mean by a 'cross pair' in this puzzle cage a1(8:)=1&8 and cage h1(10|)=2&8, so rows 1 and 2 have 8 as a cross pair and no other cell can have a value of 8 in rows 1 and 2.
Sometimes cross pairs are obvious, but other times they can hide. It is worth the extra effort to find the cross pairs, they can make a big difference.
[…]

You probably mean an X-wing strategy – well known in the sudoku world.
And I agree, this strategy is very useful in this puzzle, especially “double” X-wing in the top two rows:
BC12 (#7) + EF12 (#6) eliminate G1 to candidates 4 and 5; 4 causes no position for 6 in the row 1, therefore G1 = 5, thus 8 in the column F must be placed in the row 7. The rest is already easier…

Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2