View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:57 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 on the ads 
Author Message

Posted on: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm




Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 am
Post Re: on the ads
Patrick, I'm using google chrome


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:39 pm




Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm
Post Re: on the ads
tom wrote:
Patrick, I'm using google chrome

Incredible, I test with:
Firefox: click "Remove ad", the sound stops also
Chrome: click "Remove ad", the sound continues (!!)

I'll investigate further...

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:58 pm




Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 am
Post Re: on the ads
Patrick, thanks, I'll use firefox than.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 pm




Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm
Post Re: on the ads
tom wrote:
Patrick, thanks, I'll use firefox than.

I changed the way the ad is removed, can you try again with Chrome to see if the sound stops now?

Or can someone else who's using Chrome (or IE, apparently) confirm that sound stops after clicking "Remove Ad" ?

thanks,
Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:10 pm




Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:46 am
Post Re: on the ads
pnm wrote:
tom wrote:
Patrick, thanks, I'll use firefox than.

I changed the way the ad is removed, can you try again with Chrome to see if the sound stops now?

Or can someone else who's using Chrome (or IE, apparently) confirm that sound stops after clicking "Remove Ad" ?

thanks,
Patrick


I use chrome. Clicking hide the add does hide the add immediately but:
It comes back when you go to the next puzzle
Hide the add doesn't appear for 5 seconds or so, so if I am in a quiet place it doesn't really work.

Clicking mute on the add silences it immediately but when they play the next add, on the same puzzle, it is unmuted and the mute is always in a different place.

I know it's a work in progress and you have to cover your costs but my feedback is please remove the adds with sound. Other sites have adds like that but they default muted and you have to unmute them if you want to hear them.

Thanks,
Ed


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:39 pm




Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm
Post Re: on the ads
fb_9149 wrote:
Clicking mute on the add silences it immediately but when they play the next add, on the same puzzle, it is unmuted and the mute is always in a different place.

I know it's a work in progress and you have to cover your costs but my feedback is please remove the adds with sound. Other sites have adds like that but they default muted and you have to unmute them if you want to hear them.

I found an option for this, the ads should now be muted, let me know.

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:35 pm




Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:46 am
Post Re: on the ads
The mute seems to work while you are on the same page now but the next puzzle the sound comes back. :-(


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 pm




Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm
Post Re: on the ads
fb_9149 wrote:
The mute seems to work while you are on the same page now but the next puzzle the sound comes back. :-(

I'm now reading this about adbrite:

Quote:
To start, adbrite uses 3rd party advertisers and lets them use their own media players.
Which means, their 'mute' functions don't always work. Sometimes their box ads will have videos that automatically play audio and cannot be paused or muted.
Also, some of their banner ads have audio and say things like "YOU WON!" "CONGRATULATIONS!"
Just some annoying things I noticed about adbrite. They can put special masks on your account to mute most of these. But new campaigns still leak through and play automatic audio ads.


I wrote to their support, should have an answer within 24 hours.

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:14 pm




Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 11:08 pm
Post Re: on the ads
Patrick,

On the twin puzzles you now have a rather wide ad underneath the left puzzle. This shrinks the right puzzle a lot. Would it be possible to put the ad so that it spans the space under both puzzles?


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 am




Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm
Post Re: on the ads
mparisi wrote:
On the twin puzzles you now have a rather wide ad underneath the left puzzle. This shrinks the right puzzle a lot. Would it be possible to put the ad so that it spans the space under both puzzles?

Yes, fixed that now, sorry about that.


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.