Calcudoku puzzle forum
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/

on the ads
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=184
Page 2 of 2

Author:  tom  [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

Patrick, I'm using google chrome

Author:  pnm  [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

tom wrote:
Patrick, I'm using google chrome

Incredible, I test with:
Firefox: click "Remove ad", the sound stops also
Chrome: click "Remove ad", the sound continues (!!)

I'll investigate further...

Patrick

Author:  tom  [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

Patrick, thanks, I'll use firefox than.

Author:  pnm  [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

tom wrote:
Patrick, thanks, I'll use firefox than.

I changed the way the ad is removed, can you try again with Chrome to see if the sound stops now?

Or can someone else who's using Chrome (or IE, apparently) confirm that sound stops after clicking "Remove Ad" ?

thanks,
Patrick

Author:  Edward  [ Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

pnm wrote:
tom wrote:
Patrick, thanks, I'll use firefox than.

I changed the way the ad is removed, can you try again with Chrome to see if the sound stops now?

Or can someone else who's using Chrome (or IE, apparently) confirm that sound stops after clicking "Remove Ad" ?

thanks,
Patrick


I use chrome. Clicking hide the add does hide the add immediately but:
It comes back when you go to the next puzzle
Hide the add doesn't appear for 5 seconds or so, so if I am in a quiet place it doesn't really work.

Clicking mute on the add silences it immediately but when they play the next add, on the same puzzle, it is unmuted and the mute is always in a different place.

I know it's a work in progress and you have to cover your costs but my feedback is please remove the adds with sound. Other sites have adds like that but they default muted and you have to unmute them if you want to hear them.

Thanks,
Ed

Author:  pnm  [ Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

fb_9149 wrote:
Clicking mute on the add silences it immediately but when they play the next add, on the same puzzle, it is unmuted and the mute is always in a different place.

I know it's a work in progress and you have to cover your costs but my feedback is please remove the adds with sound. Other sites have adds like that but they default muted and you have to unmute them if you want to hear them.

I found an option for this, the ads should now be muted, let me know.

Patrick

Author:  Edward  [ Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

The mute seems to work while you are on the same page now but the next puzzle the sound comes back. :-(

Author:  pnm  [ Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

fb_9149 wrote:
The mute seems to work while you are on the same page now but the next puzzle the sound comes back. :-(

I'm now reading this about adbrite:

Quote:
To start, adbrite uses 3rd party advertisers and lets them use their own media players.
Which means, their 'mute' functions don't always work. Sometimes their box ads will have videos that automatically play audio and cannot be paused or muted.
Also, some of their banner ads have audio and say things like "YOU WON!" "CONGRATULATIONS!"
Just some annoying things I noticed about adbrite. They can put special masks on your account to mute most of these. But new campaigns still leak through and play automatic audio ads.


I wrote to their support, should have an answer within 24 hours.

Patrick

Author:  mparisi  [ Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

Patrick,

On the twin puzzles you now have a rather wide ad underneath the left puzzle. This shrinks the right puzzle a lot. Would it be possible to put the ad so that it spans the space under both puzzles?

Author:  pnm  [ Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: on the ads

mparisi wrote:
On the twin puzzles you now have a rather wide ad underneath the left puzzle. This shrinks the right puzzle a lot. Would it be possible to put the ad so that it spans the space under both puzzles?

Yes, fixed that now, sorry about that.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/