View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 fill in your guesses with the Shift key 
Site Admin

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:24 pm

fill in your guesses with the Shift key
Hello,

This is experimental, and won't work everywhere:

you can now enter your guesses for a cell by holding down the Shift key when entering a number.

I'm expecting there'll be glitches here and there (puzzles with zero, 10x10, etc.), do
let me know if you find a problem! [smile]

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Post Re: fill in your guesses with the Shift key
Works for me in Chrome (latest, on WinXP). Thanks, this is much appreciated, as I like to do the puzzles on the computer and don't like to print as much.

Obviously haven't tried this one on my iPhone. :)

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:44 pm

jake4 wrote:
Works for me in Chrome (latest, on WinXP). Thanks, this is much appreciated, as I like to do the puzzles on the computer and don't like to print as much.
Obviously haven't tried this one on my iPhone. :)

for the iPhone (and mouse) the solution would be a bit more of a hassle: maybe add a "guess" toggle
to the popup window.

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:57 pm

A guess toggle might work, and would work for "regular" computers through just mouse input as well.

Besides zero and 10+ numbers being a problem, the guesses aren't working for negative numbers either. A guess toggle would probably make all these problems go away.

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 pm

The guesses seem to be placed in a white box in the cell. The white box doesn't fit in the cell on the current medium 6x6 (twin) puzzle (ID: 429372).

Also, the guess box does not scale in size to fit in the cell when the cell size is changed, i.e. if only fits in the large cell size. This seems to be the case across different types of puzzles.

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:37 pm

jake4 wrote:
The guesses seem to be placed in a white box in the cell. The white box doesn't fit in the cell on the current medium 6x6 (twin) puzzle (ID: 429372).

Also, the guess box does not scale in size to fit in the cell when the cell size is changed, i.e. if only fits in the large cell size. This seems to be the case across different types of puzzles.

Thanks. It should scale a bit better now for the 3 cell sizes.
There's still some glitching going on after a cell has been cleared I see though :-(

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 pm

pnm wrote:
jake4 wrote:

Thanks. It should scale a bit better now for the 3 cell sizes.
There's still some glitching going on after a cell has been cleared I see though :-(

The scaling between cell sizes works perfectly for me now. I don't see any problems after clearing. The cell size still doesn't fit on the twin puzzles.

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Could be handy.

Not working for 0 yet.
Also not working on saves

Would it be possible to use carriage return to show two lines? i.e. to show two option sets, like 45 and 36?

Posted on: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

fb_1811 wrote:
Would it be possible to use carriage return to show two lines? i.e. to show two option sets, like 45 and 36?

Nice suggestion, thanks :)

As you can see, at the moment they are always ordered, so I'll have to figure something out for that.

Posted on: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 am

This is very good - something that I have wanted for ages. But it does not work with the numeric keypad (at least in Chrome) where the Shift key causes the highlighted box to be moved rather than a number entered.

Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next