View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site 

Posted on: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
I recommended Calcudoku.org on Google+ with my real life name, but I can't find the free booklet anywhere on my Calcudoku.org profile. I got the thank you message after I "shared" the site, but I just get redirected to the forum page when I click on the "get a special booklet link". Thanks for your time and patience and have a nice day.

Posted on: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:50 pm

skeeter84 wrote:
I recommended Calcudoku.org on Google+ with my real life name, but I can't find the free booklet anywhere on my Calcudoku.org profile. I got the thank you message after I "shared" the site, but I just get redirected to the forum page when I click on the "get a special booklet link". Thanks for your time and patience and have a nice day.

Ah, it looks like the link added confusion instead of clarifying things...

In the thank you message it says the booklet should be downloadable from your account page.

Also, in the post that the "get a special booklet link" links to:
"After you do the share, you'll get a message box with a thank you, and
the booklet will be downloadable from your account page."

Let me know if the link works,

Patrick

Posted on: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 am

Hi, Patrick. I set my email address to fortdixchick@gmail.com, but I still couldn't find the book either there OR on my Calcudoku page. [cursing] Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Posted on: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 am

skeeter84 wrote:
Hi, Patrick. I set my email address to fortdixchick@gmail.com, but I still couldn't find the book either there OR on my Calcudoku page. [cursing] Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

In the log files I can't see you did the "share" though (at least not
from your 'skeeter84' account: did you do the share while logged
in via Google+?)

Patrick

Posted on: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:03 am

Yes, I did the share on Google+ using my REAL LIFE NAME. I refuse to disclose it here for safety reasons, and I don't feel like setting up a Facebook account. I tried using my Calcudoku.org password on Google+, but it said my password was incorrect. I thought we could log into Google+ via our Calcudoku.org accounts, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. The merge doesn't seem to be working yet, and I'm getting frustrated over something that should be relatively easy to do. Thanks again for your time and patience, and have a nice day.

Posted on: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:59 pm

skeeter84 wrote:
Yes, I did the share on Google+ using my REAL LIFE NAME. I refuse to disclose it here for safety reasons, and I don't feel like setting up a Facebook account.

Can you try the share again, there still is no record of it in my logs.

Update: I see you created a new Google+ account, and did the "share" from there alright.

So the booklet will be downloadable from your account page when you're logged in with your Google+ account
(i.e. the one with zero points).
(the system has no way of knowing (yet) that that account is the same as 'skeeter84')

(so if you do the share while logged in as skeeter84, the booklet will be downloadable from that account also)

skeeter84 wrote:
I tried using my Calcudoku.org password on Google+, but it said my password was incorrect. I thought we could log into Google+ via our Calcudoku.org accounts,

Not quite, it is possible to log into calcudoku.org using your Google+ account (so the other way around)
skeeter84 wrote:
but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. The merge doesn't seem to be working yet, and I'm getting frustrated over something that should be relatively easy to do. Thanks again for your time and patience, and have a nice day.

Yes, but if something is easy (i.e. the individual steps are relatively straight-forward), this doesn't
mean it won't take a lot of time and effort to set up, test, etc.

Patrick

Posted on: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:41 am

Patrick, I found that I got "Download the puzzle booklet" link for sharing on Google+. But link seems to be broken.

That's all I got when I click on it:
Code:
The almost blank Calcudoku "page not found" page

The link you requested does not go to a page on the site.
If you think this is because of an error on the site, please let me know at calcudoku@gmail.com

Go back to calcudoku.org

I'm sure that you know the address of the link, but I'll send it you in private message.

Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2