View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 Any suggestions? 

Posted on: Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 am

Post Re: Any suggestions?
Well, my point was just that one can get to the top of the rankings without book puzzles because there are enough points to be won.

I currently have 557 points (without book puzzles).

rossiniman admitted to using book puzzles so on the suggested "pure ranking" list I should be 1st... until starling finishes all his untimed puzzles this week.

Posted on: Sat May 28, 2011 8:42 am

Whoa, hold the phone. A "pure" system would not exclude the book puzzles; they're far more challenging than the timed puzzles and most of the untimed dailies. The only thing that makes them "impure" is the absence of any limitation on the number you can put in.

A fair system would put a limit on them - one per day, for example. If that had been in place, I'd be in the mid-500's, too. (Although I'd fall back pretty quickly I'm sure, since you speed demons could do book puzzles any time you want whereas I'm not even remotely close to scoring a point on the timed puzzles. But that would be a fair sytem.)

Posted on: Sat May 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I get it now. Is the new system in place?

Posted on: Sat May 28, 2011 6:28 pm

sneaklyfox wrote:
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I get it now. Is the new system in place?

Not yet, first I have to solve the issue with login sessions expiring
too soon on the new domain.. :(

Posted on: Sun May 29, 2011 1:45 pm

It would be nice to have a "Your history" link on the rankings page.

Posted on: Sun May 29, 2011 4:22 pm

nobodyhasthisyet wrote:
It would be nice to have a "Your history" link on the rankings page.

Do you mean on the timed rankings page?
Patrick

Posted on: Mon May 30, 2011 5:20 am

Though I'm a bit biased here, I was wondering earlier why we're limited to one scoring puzzle per size per day in the timed puzzles. e.g. if the day ended right now, my 3 4x4 times from the day would rank 1, 2, and 3, but I only would score for the #1. Not so much a suggestion, I guess -- More of a question as to why something is as is.

Posted on: Mon May 30, 2011 12:57 pm

starling wrote:
Though I'm a bit biased here, I was wondering earlier why we're limited to one scoring puzzle per size per day in the timed puzzles. e.g. if the day ended right now, my 3 4x4 times from the day would rank 1, 2, and 3, but I only would score for the #1. Not so much a suggestion, I guess -- More of a question as to why something is as is.

I suppose it's like Formula 1 qualifying, your best time after 3 rounds determines your position on the grid
(there's no race yet though..).

And of course I realized that otherwise you would be number 1, 2, and 3 every day :-)

Posted on: Mon May 30, 2011 7:24 pm

pnm wrote:
starling wrote:

I suppose it's like Formula 1 qualifying, your best time after 3 rounds determines your position on the grid
(there's no race yet though..).

And of course I realized that otherwise you would be number 1, 2, and 3 every day :-)

Every day except today :P
Well, I think it's more fair like this, so that we get a chance to get to the top of the timed rankings to ;D

Posted on: Mon May 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Well maybe we could consider the total of the three times. But this way everyone has three chances to get a good time, if they're the guessing type for example.

Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next