View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 showing regular, book, and timed points separately 

Posted on: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Post showing regular, book, and timed points separately
pnm wrote:
Upcoming is more information on the rankings page about regular + book + timed points..

An initial version of this should be visible when you hover over people's names in the 7-day and all-time rankings lists.

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:52 am

Post Re: fill in your guesses with the Shift key
pnm wrote:
pnm wrote:
Upcoming is more information on the rankings page about regular + book + timed points..

An initial version of this should be visible when you hover over people's names in the 7-day and all-time rankings lists.

Patrick

Awesome. Nice feature.

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 am

pnm wrote:
pnm wrote:

Just tried this feature.......WOW! [biggrin]

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:29 am

pnm wrote:
pnm wrote:

Patrick

Nice improvement [thumbup]

It looks like the regular points are obtained just by making the difference: total points minus book points minus timed points, so regular include all bonus. This is correct in my opinion. However, it looks like the book points are not being calculated correctly, i.e., in my particular case, it shows 749 book points while the 1212 from the "101 Advanced ... " and the 25 from the Christmas Puzzle (1237 in total) are not included, I should have 1986 in books and consequently less regular in the same amount (I have sent all books).

In summary, it looks like the book points are being calculated starting september 2011 or so, i.e., people sending the "101 Advanced ... " prior to those dates would show those book points added to the regular points and not in its place as book points [confused] (timed are correct in my case, it takes a while to calculate them from the history! [smile]).

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:54 am

clm wrote:
It looks like the regular points are obtained just by making the difference: total points minus book points minus timed points, so regular include all bonus. This is correct in my opinion. However, it looks like the book points are not being calculated correctly, i.e., in my particular case, it shows 749 book points while the 1212 from the "101 Advanced ... " and the 25 from the Christmas Puzzle (1237 in total) are not included, I should have 1986 in books and consequently less regular in the same amount (I have sent all books).

Thanks, glitches as always :-(

I'll look into it.

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:34 am

On that note,

My 7 days total: 571 = 559 regular +12 book + 0 timed is not right, it seems the point from the 6 previous days are counted as regular?

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 am

honkhonk wrote:
My 7 days total: 571 = 559 regular +12 book + 0 timed is not right, it seems the point from the 6 previous days are counted as regular?

Yes, it's all the points you got today and the 6 days before.

Is "regular" not the best word for this?

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:32 pm

pnm wrote:
honkhonk wrote:

Yes, it's all the points you got today and the 6 days before.

Is "regular" not the best word for this?

Patrick

I think what he's saying is that it's counting timed points for the 6 days before as regular points.

For example, it's saying I have 0 timed points in the last 7 days.

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 pm

starling wrote:
I think what he's saying is that it's counting timed points for the 6 days before as regular points.
For example, it's saying I have 0 timed points in the last 7 days.

Well, in your case that's probably true, no? :-)

_need more coffee_ :-/

Almost done fixing that "old book puzzle solutions are not counted" issue, then on to the next..

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:47 pm

I think regular is a good word for it.

I assumed the 7days total was meant to be split into 7days totals for the regular/book/timed points seperately,

eg 571 = 466 regular + 84 book + 21 timed and not 571 = 559 regular + 12 book + 0 timed like it displays now

I did do timed puzzels and also submitted a book puzzle each day over the last seven days but this is not reflected in the pop up...

(I also noticed in the All time ranking my points are 24796 = 24784 regular + 0 times + 12 book, only todays points seem to be split up into regular/book/timed)

(---> What starling says :-) )

Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next