View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 timed puzzles, number of tries 

Posted on: Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Post timed puzzles, number of tries
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
And perhaps it would be convenient to remove it from the timed puzzles too,

It should be gone from the timed puzzles now, let me know
(I already used my timed puzzles of today :-) )

I also used mine today [confused]. Perhaps a solution (in the timed puzzles) to insert ads is the sequence: first to fully load the ad and then to draw the puzzle and start the counter.

Posted on: Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Post Re: I dont like the flashgroup box - it gets in my way
clm wrote:
I also used mine today [confused]. Perhaps a solution (in the timed puzzles) to insert ads is the sequence: first to fully load the ad and then to draw the puzzle and start the counter.

Originally (and I think that's still was the case), there was no ad for the timed puzzle (except now for the banner ad below it),
and the large ad would load after the puzzle was solved.

I granted myself another timed puzzle [tongue] and checked, it seems to work OK.

Posted on: Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 pm

I say the correct sequence is this : first load them when sheldolina is doing her timed puzzles, then load them for starling and sneakly and after that I say enough with them, reload the same sequence tomorrow...

Posted on: Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 pm

danvijan wrote:
I say the correct sequence is this : first load them when sheldolina is doing her timed puzzles, then load them for starling and sneakly and after that I say enough with them, reload the same sequence tomorrow...

Yes, good idea, add all kinds of handicapping for them (numbers randomly moving and
disappearing, ads that hover over the puzzle, etc. etc. [woot]

Posted on: Wed May 09, 2012 3:05 am

danvijan wrote:

LOL...

I had a thought the other day that those who are consistently top of the ranking will after a time have -1 chances to do each puzzle. Like, if you are #1 for 4x4s for 5 days in a row or something then after that you get only 2 chances to do that size of puzzle. If you are rank #11 or worse for 5 days in a row then you get +1 chances so 4 chances. It reverts to normal if... etc etc.

Posted on: Wed May 09, 2012 3:47 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
danvijan wrote:

LOL...

I had a thought the other day that those who are consistently top of the ranking will after a time have -1 chances to do each puzzle. Like, if you are #1 for 4x4s for 5 days in a row or something then after that you get only 2 chances to do that size of puzzle. If you are rank #11 or worse for 5 days in a row then you get +1 chances so 4 chances. It reverts to normal if... etc etc.

This is a great suggestion as I will get a 4th chance......thank you [biggrin]

Posted on: Wed May 09, 2012 4:45 am

beaker wrote:
sneaklyfox wrote:
danvijan wrote:

LOL...

This is a great suggestion as I will get a 4th chance......thank you [biggrin]

I'm not sure a 4th chance will do me any good. The other day I got the 6th best time I'd ever gotten, in over 500 timed puzzles of each size. It wasn't even in the top three times for that day. :-)

Posted on: Wed May 09, 2012 9:15 am

That's true for me too but I would like another crack at the 4x4 as am trying to break my 21 second barrier :-) :-)

Posted on: Thu May 10, 2012 5:18 am

It wouldn't hurt for you to have another chance, right? Timed puzzles is a matter of practice for one thing. I think when they first came out, it would take me about 13 seconds to do one and it was considered kind of fast at the time.

This is so off topic...

Posted on: Thu May 10, 2012 8:32 am

I see sheldolina is now just above 4 sec for the 4x4 and am willing to say that she will (or someone else will) break the "4 second barrier"!!

Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next